Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire advise?

Tire advise?

I'm needing a new set of tires bad and was wondering what you guys think. I don't race I only joy ride on the back roads. My buddy that rides Gsxr's says the Dunlop Sportmax Q3 would be good. What do yal think? Thanks

Thanks guys! I currently have Pirelli Scorpions on mine. Is that what came stock??

If you have stock tires on it they are a MINIMUM of 6 years old. Take them off before you kill yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you have stock tires on it they are a MINIMUM of 6 years old. Take them off before you kill yourself!
    I know I just bought the bike. I'm asking are they stock? I'm not sure what came on the bike in 09. I just ordered a new set of Q3's.

I absolutely love my Q3's. Enjoy and ride safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedup View Post
    I know I just bought the bike. I'm asking are they stock? I'm not sure what came on the bike in 09. I just ordered a new set of Q3's.
    There should be a 4 digit date code on the tire. The last 2 digits being the year the tires were manufactured.

Inactive
    shinkos. but then again i'm old....frugal.....ride like a geezer which i am......not all that smart....and own 26 bikes one of which always seems to need new tires. shinkos!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    shinkos. but then again i'm old....frugal.....ride like a geezer which i am......not all that smart....and own 26 bikes one of which always seems to need new tires. shinkos!
    Ha, nothing at all wrong with shinkos. I actually had a set of shinko stealths on my track bike before we revamped the whole suspension. Only reason I put on Q3's was because I had a couple extra bucks at the time. The shinkos stuck really well w the crappy stock suspension and took brutal tire hopping downshifts and stuck every corner afterwards. I keep em on hand as backups trackside.

Inactive
    ^^^^^^ at last....another loyal proud shinko owner. well done wally! might i also add as a shinko admirer and believer, that in my stable are 2 almost new suzuki v-stroms. one a 650 adventurer....the other a 1000 adventurer. i just freshened up the 650 and added a set of shinko dual-sport 705 radials. they look lovely and give the appearance that i'm a serious dual-sport type of guy who shall not be trifled with. last sunday was beautiful here in amishland so i had a chance to let the mighty v-strom stretch her legs sporting the new shinkos. as i approached my first serious turn of the day i immediately observed 2 things: the "curve ahead" caution sign had 35MPH posted on it.....a darting glance at my speedo indicated 37MPH. i entered said turn 2MPH over the recommended maximum speed. the shinkos handled the task brilliantly and i rode out the other side unscathed. they are in fact THAT good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast