Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever happen to you?

Ever happen to you?

So I bought an 03 XB9SL last weekend, and finally was able to bring it home today. Initially I bought it for a fix n flip... but now I'm not so sure. The low seat height is very nice, and handles so well also, as it should. My main squeeze is a long frame XB12, so this feels just different enough that it may warrant keeping.

No way, that would never happen to me. I'm way to smart for that, all three of my Buells are plenty for me.

Oh... wait...

Come on, everyone knows the motorcyclist's equation.

M=N+1 wherein M would represent the amount of motorcycles you should own and N is the number you currently own.

It's not satisfiable...

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

I've done the opposite quite a few times now. Bought a blast and fixed it up thought I'd keep it then decided to sell. And did the same with a V-rod i thought I'd love having it around, but down the road it went. Might not be the same story if a i had another XB around, just too much to love and not much money to be made off flipping them.. I'd like to have a Low lightning too. Keep it for a while!

Yeah honestly I was looking for cheap or wrecked Buells to buy for part out, but this popped up and was too nice to part out. Plus dirt cheap for a clean bike, but too much for a part out.

I loved my XB12XT for travelling. This XB12Scg is a hoot for around town and up to 100 mile trips. I ride 300 miles to Indianapolis every few weeks on it. I had to put beads on the low seat to take preasure off my knees and remember to make extra fuel stops as an excuse to stretch the legs. The handling is pretty good, but not as good as the longer frame for me. I got spoiled by the extra suspension travel of the XT. The Scg has a harsh ride.

I get bored real quick (motorcycle add), so my garage is like a revolving door of bikes. The only one that has never bored me is my 12S. The 12R meh, the 9SX better, I do miss the 1125CR though. The sound and power was fun. But ya I buy stuff all the time and like it for a while then onto something else. 12S will always stay though.

I bought an xb9r in March -- love it to death. Finally just bought an 1125r yesterday, and was planning on selling the xb to my brother. .......but I fell in love with the xb after all the time and money I've put in up to this point

Yeah...I spend way too much time perusing Craigslist looking at bikes that I would add to my Jay Leno-size collection if I had a Jay Leno-sized garage and bank account. But, I am happy with the Buell I have in my one bike garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast