Thread: Subframe spacer issue

Subframe spacer issue

So I ended up purchasing the diesel moto subframe spacers and installed them. The problem is that my seat will no longer lock.
    I know that in general the seat has to mold into place but no matter how hard I try it is not even close. I have provided pictures. Amy advice would be helpful. I'd prefer not to take them out but I've exhausted the options I know of. I don't know if they are faulty. As you can see in the photos they are not quite flush but that is how the bolts line up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, I've had the same problem but Twinmotorcycles in holland has an how to, to fix this!

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artike...?cid=7&aid=446

worked for me! Good luck

Your seat isn't bent enough

IMG_0976.jpgSo I used your suggestion. Idk. The seat even overlaps at the air box cover and it still doesn't come close. I'm wondering if I have the correct seat for the bike. It was difficult to lock previously. IMG_0979.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0977.jpgIMG_0975.jpgIMG_0975.jpg

Sorry. Idk why I ended up with duplicates

Dud you follow the steps from Twinmotorcycle? Believe me, I had the exact same problem. Wouldn't latch in a million years. But with the how to from Twin, it worked like a charm

I did. And I think I may have over done it because of the overlap. But even now the air box cover is no longer impeding and I can get the very bottom hook to line up and it still won't latch. I'm thinking I'm having an issue with the latch itself. There still seems to be a space disparity between the latch and the hook in the seat.

How about the 2 hooks near the rear are those close to the bolts they hook around?

Oh9bolt I think they were. I researched a previous thread and removed them though it didn't work.
    Buell248 I'm sort of thinking the same thing.