Thread: ECM Firmware Upgrade

Question ECM Firmware Upgrade

I just got a Buelltooth and connected it up and found that my 08 XB12R is still running the original ECM firmware BUE0D. Are there any dealers that can still upgrade the firmware in them to BUE2D? Is this something that I can do myself? If so where is the forum thread for it?

Thanks for all the help everyone has given me. Even though it was just from previous posts!

Why change it? The firmware doesn't change any fuel mapping settings. Think of the firmware as the OS, and the mapping as the program it's running.

If you're still dead set on messing with it, you can go to a hard to find Buell friendly Harley dealer and pay $50-$150 for your bike to run exactly the same.

I can put BUE2D maps in a BUEOD firmware if that would satisfy you. Let me know, I believe I already have that on my computer.

From reading the forums I was under the impression that there were other things that were changed in the newer firmware, like the fan settings. If it is just fuel mappings that will make a difference, I think there is a video on here about manually copying them over which I can do.

Thanks for the replies!

Fuel mapping, fan settings, kickstand options.... whatever.
    They are all just adjustments to the program that is running on any firmware version.

With the exception of certain glitchy ones (I had an issue with BUEZD), just run what you have.

I would take AZ up on his offer. He knows what he's doing and you are inexperienced. The program MUST match the firmware version.
    Manually Putting programs on that were meant for different firmware versions is EXACTLY where the bad stories come from.

Why not use ECMDroid? It's perfect for what you want and has safety's built in so you can't put the wrong program in.
    Last edited by Cooter; 10-21-2016 at 02:47 PM.

OK Cooter, I will bow to the voice of experience. Thank you for your input.

AZ, I would greatly appreciate any help you are willing to give me.