Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Went down

Went down

Well, it happened. The inevitable when riding a bike, it's not if you will go down, it's when...

I don't remember the accident, and it happened on the freeway. I remember getting on a about 2 miles before then woke up on the side of the road with people all around. There was no other vehicle that was involved that stopped, and no witnesses stopped either. Although, according to the officer on the scene it looks like I was rear ended or side swiped. After seeing the bike, the rear wheel, swing arm, and tail was broken. Which leads me to believe the cop is right and I was rear ended. So I assume it was a hit and run. I was wearing a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and regular denim jeans. All I suffered was road rash to my knees, thigh, and a little on my lower back, as well as a swollen foot. Be sure to always wear your riding gear, I could have been much worse off.

Damn! Does look like you were rear ended. .. glad you're relatively ok!

Banned
    I'm assuming to buy a motorcycle camera, so if something happened it is going to be captured.

I believe it is time to spend insurance money for EBR 1190.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 10-31-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Glad you're ok.
    From the looks of the bike carnage; you should hit the lottery! You are one lucky guy!
    I hope someone with a conscious reports the driver or comes out and takes responsibility. HIT AND RUN! What a cowardly thing to do. Man, that pisses me off.
    Really glad you're ok man. Hopefully karma will take care of the piece of trash that hit you.

I had a Sena 10C for this purpose, but Unfourtunately I accidentally turned it off....

Get better soon man, sad to see that bike down...

Unbelievable, so glad you're ok for the most part and walked away. Like you said, GEAR!!!!!! Hope the piece of **** that tagged you gets what's coming to him or her. Probably on ****ing FB or txtn while driving. Anymore if I do ride on the street it's on back roads on Sunday morning, out at 7am and back in by 9am. Waaaaaay to many dickheads taking ****ing selfies or whatever these assholes do while they're driving these days, I see it EVERY day. Get better soon man!!!! I STRONGLY suggest that if any of us witness such a thing to immediately call 911 and report the incident but follow the suspect get the plate number and get a driver description so the asshole can't ditch the car and claim his car was stolen and it wasn't him! Someone will ALWAYS pull over to help the downed rider, not everyone will follow the suspect and get the pertinent info!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 10-31-2016 at 11:10 PM.

You are a lucky man, !!! To say the least !

Glad your ok sorry to hear that happened to you

damn... ATGATT good job

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast