Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding a tune/race ecm 2010 xb9

Need help finding a tune/race ecm 2010 xb9

Ive been looking to have my bike tuned and haven't had any luck so far. Its a 2010 xb9 with hawk exhaust and k&n filter. I've called 2 harley dealerships and 2 independent shops and they wont do it. IDS has race ecms for 08 and 09 bikes but not for 10s. I emailed IDS and havent gotten a response. EBR said they plan to sell race ecms for the 08+ bikes so just keep checking back with them every few weeks. Ive searched the forums and found a couple tuning sites but they have shut down now. One of the shops said to use ecunleashed but they charge $450 for a tune. Do i have any other options besides a $450 tune? I know most people say to tune it yourself for free but id rather not mess anything up. Also i have the BUE1D firmware. Do i need to upgrade to BUE2D?

I am watching this as well-

I have a 2009 xb9sx with the same mods; Hawk exhaust and K&N. My bike actually runs pretty good with this set up and a TPS reset. Seemingly even better than with the factory can. There are definitely less pops and sputters. I'm curious how much a good tune will wake this setup.
    Lance from St. Paul HD sells the IDS ECMs on Ebay and if contacted he may also be able to give you information on 2010 availability.
    I have a Bluetooth dongle, I just wanted to say dongle, so if I find a proper map I can use ECMDroid.
    From what I'm seeing forum member: AZmidget91, can get us a map for a fee. It doesn't appear too difficult to load a race map to our ECMs with a Bluetooth cable and ECMDroid. I have yet to find a map and accomplish this though.

EBR race ECMs come from IDS. Call IDS and ask for Tim. Where are you located?

The bike runs fine right now. Less popping with the filter on than when I just had the exhaust. I'm just looking to squeeze a little extra power out and fix that flat spot in torque around 4k rpms. I was under the assumption ecmspy won't work for the newer ecms? I'll give IDS a call and see if they have anything that will work for me. I'm in Maryland right now but I'm moving to phoenix in a couple of months

ECMSpy will work on the newer ECM's you just need a license as the free version will not work. ECMDroid works fine though.

EBR is developing a race proram to run with one of Deans Keda pipes on my 08 as we speak it will be there first one.

Call Randy @ hawk who did the muffler mod and ask if he can help. He may know someone.

Hey Buell248, What are you thoughts on Deans pipe for my x12s 2008, as far as mid range and torque ?? Anybody else please chime in.

Well said, thx

I was looking at the d&d and Dean Adams exhausts before I got the hawk. I just couldn't stand the stock exhaust being so quiet and the hawk was the cheapest solution. So looks like a new exhaust and learn to tune on ecmdroid is the best way to go. Little off topic anybody know anything about the Dean Adams headers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast