Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help finding a tune/race ecm 2010 xb9

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    The Hawk is a waste of $200...JMO.
    Thanks for your opinion on Buell exhaust options; I thought this was a thread on tuning for a 2010 xb9, selected mods were specified.

That being said, I purchased a Hawk pipe second-hand and everything is better compared to stock, including how the bike runs and sounds.

I'm happy for you and your D&D but everyone's choices on here should be respected without getting bashed.

There are many exhaust options, which has been beat to death. Everyone chooses what fits their needs and budget best.

Next, will you tell us all what colors you'd prefer our bikes to be?

To the OP: run the pipe you want to run. It's your bike! Enjoy it!

Yes, thank you, we all know.

Any of us that have been researching pipes and know how to use the search function have read that thread.
    I read that and many more Hawk positives before I made a purchase. I'm sorry for your bad luck but they certainly aren't all bad. Just like the thread I came across expressing an issue with a broken D&D mount doesn't mean that everyone will have the same problem.

Honestly, if it breaks eventually the small cash I spent on it was already worth it for the miles I've turned and the opportunity to try something different. It was a nice little upgrade compared to the quiet, farty stock can. And at much less the cost of a new D&D. Also, at the time my research yielded that a D&D wasn't the best choice for the xb9. They are different animals to the xb12 as we know. My pocketbook also agreed that I'd get as much satisfaction from a less expensive alternative.

So what-
    This still isn't an exhaust thread. If we can't help answer the original question we don't really need to be here adding.

A pipe choice has already been made - topic over. Now onto a tune.

That is true although during a discussion with him I got the impression he doesn't mess with the tuning for the 08+ bikes.

For my '09 he advised:

Add the K&N air filter in conjunction with the pipe
    Do the TPS reset and a brief ride in learn mode

I followed the instructions and the thing runs pretty good. I can't complain with it at all. It seems to run better than stock but the butt dyno is never an accurate measure. It is smooth with less popping. I didn't need to create 10 more hp, I just want it to feel unchoked and have a good running machine.

All I know is I'm having a blast riding the thing.
    I still get low 50s for gas mileage as well.
    I still may try an IDS ECM eventually or load a map via ECMDroid if I can find one or get one made.

-Passing this on for those in the same boat.

I just talked to Randy today and he said he hasn't had much experience with the 08+ bikes. He recommended me to talk to Alan from buellsterparts. I followed gatorbuells tuning thread except I did each cylinder separately due to my 2010 having the o2 sensor for the front. Initial impressions are good. Less popping, power wheelies a lot easier, and much smoother throughout the rpm range. Not perfect but I'll be doing more data logging this week.

Nice work, you are way ahead of me on this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123