Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendations for a Buell-smart service shop/person/etc. near SW Virginia?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    Question for lunatic.. Is $550 a good price for new fork seals and fluid install?

what carlos said. WAY too pricey based on the following:
    typical shop time to remove front wheel...caliper....ancillaries.....fork tubes: 45 minutes
    """"""""""""""""""""""""" strip down forks...drain and flush....install new upper and lower slider bushings....install fluid: 90 minutes
    """"""""""""""""""""""""" reinstall and button up bike....quick road test: 45 minutes.
    add 1 quart top shelf fork oil, shop supplies, 4 bushings to the list.
    there's your total cost.

Update on this thread - dropped the bike off with John yesterday. Great to meet him and talk about Buells and sundry other things!

Just closing out the thread. Picked up the bike at John's place late Friday (trying to beat the weather on the way home).

It was an absolute pleasure to meet John - and he is an incredibly gracious and knowledgeable gentleman. I strongly recommend (if you have the opportunity) a visit to the "Buell Whisperer's" piece of Amish countryside.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by WokDisWey View Post
    I wish there was someone in MA who could do this very thing.
    Wok,

Just a note - You are as close or closer (in MA) than I am in SW VA. It would be very doable for you to trailer the bike to John.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12