Thread: Did my front isolator today.

Did my front isolator today.

Took me forever to actually find one, but one finally popped up on eBay. Took me about a total of 20 minutes. Couldn't believe how easy it was. I don't have a jack, so I used a crank strap. I wouldn't recommend this method for anyone else because the air box cover was creaking. The old one was definitely shot.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

You're lucky you didn't break your airbox cover.

I wonder if you took your air cover off if it would be better. Clever workaround.

Banned
    I did not expect that plastic covers are so strong.

How many miles on your bike? how did you notice it was in need of replacing?

I cranked it pretty hard. When I was putting the new one on I had to loosen it up because the engine was too high to line up the bolts. I would do it again if I had too knowing that it doesn't take too much tension to hold the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    How many miles on your bike? how did you notice it was in need of replacing?
    Almost 40K. Every time I hit a bump it felt like something was loose. The tensioner was slamming in to the bolt head.

Quote Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
    Almost 40K. Every time I hit a bump it felt like something was loose. The tensioner was slamming in to the bolt head.
    10/4. I assumed it would be a pretty noticeable issue thanks for the reply! Nice use of the beer box by the way