Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xb9

Xb9

I found my bike local. Ended up buying it after looking at it.
    It is an XB9 City X. New to Buell's. My friend has two of them both tube frames. I had a Sportster for 10 years before getting an Electra Glide. Figured I would introduce myself on here. I was looking for some stock parts and found out that there aren't that many places out there that have or sell them. Don't really care for the bar end mirrors. I am in Indiana by the way.

Inactive
    I was looking for some stock parts and found out that there aren't that many places out there that have or sell them
    as part of the standard lightning package your XB is missing all the belt guard components....the tail extender assembly commonly referred to as the "cheese grater" assembly....possibly more components. can't precisely tell from your pic. the CityX gets a bit confusing on nomenclature as the model designation is SX...the manual refers to it as the CityX...and sales brochures called it the CityCross. confirm what you actually have by looking at your VIN. all CityX models have KX......NOT SX.....KX as the 4th and 5th VIN characters. CityX factory pieces include hand guards, X badging atop airbox cover, transluscent body-work, headlight grill, cross-braced handlebars, slightly different suspension adjustment suggestions. they are very nice bikes.

Nice bike, Welcome lots of great peeps on here

Nice bike , now the fun begins.

Very sharp looking bike! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

I did check the VIN as you suggested and it is a City X (KX) vin. I did get a box of parts from the guy I bought it from. He unfortunately was not the one who took everything off. The owner previous of him tried to paint the blue plastic and did a horrible job of it. The owner I bought it from bought the orange plastic for it. It did come with the rubber x for the air box cover. It still has the stock handlebars and the headlight grill. The license plate I am pretty sure is not the stock location.

I took it on a curvy road today and I never felt uncomfortable through the corners. Somewhere along the way the right side mirror and I parted ways. I actually was wanting to get rid of them but I didn't think that it would be so soon. I would really like to find stock mirrors for the bike and the hand guards. Basically I would like to try to turn the bike back into its stock form minus the exhaust. I kind of like it.

The bike is for short runs and work as the Electra Glide for me it too heavy of a bike for the short runs. It is however awesome on the long runs that I do a couple of times a year so it stays in the garage with the Buell.

I should probably add that had wanted a Buell for a long time now. It sat on the back burner for a duration of that time. Two months ago I went to a Honda dealer to buy a new helmet and saw that they were an EBR dealer. During that visit I saw that they were hosting an EBR open house with the key speaker being Erik Buell. I went back to the dealer during the open house and got to meet Mr. Buell. My definition of him would be Supernerd. He is so energetic about everything he does and he is very smart. He has that drive that keeps him going. That being said it was a rainy day. About 15 people rode their Buells in. One of them was Mr. Buell himself.

A question was asked of him about is it surreal that he sees his name on the side of all these bikes? His response was along the lines of it is not because these are not his bikes. They are the bikes of all the people that built them and that he would rather not have his name on the side of them. Him saying that took me completely by surprise.

So i changed out the mirrors to stock ones. I got the handlebars protectors but when I went to install the plugs that go in the end they would not go. Any trick to installing them? The dealer also sold me the wrong lower belt guard. Can't take that back as it was a special order. I put the stock seat back on it as well. It raises the seating position up a bit but it seems more comfortable. Just a few more things that I would like to do this year on it before I park it. Just have to find the time.

Did you tell them the right part and they ordered the wrong one, or did you give them the wrong part number? special order or not, if they screwed up, they need to take the part back.

Great looking bike!

Nice Bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast