Thread: Almost Buell rider, still on the hunt..

Almost Buell rider, still on the hunt..

Hi there,

My name is Nick 24 years old and I'm from Holland. I'm almost an XB12s(cg/ss) rider, the problem is the bike with the specs I want has not yet shown up on any advert site in Holland, Germany or Belgium. Every day I scroll through the forum on a hunt for new gadgets/mods and more dreams. But for now they are still dreams. I hope to buy my bike before 2017, but because of the winter period it's gonna be tough to manage this but I'm

Currently i have 2 bikes:
    - Self made bobber based on a Suzuki intruder 750 '88 which took me 2 years to complete and which I ride waayyy to little (Dutch climate).

- And my A-B daily driver bike is a Seca 2 '92 which i picked up for $500 and drove around europe this summer. It's ugly as ... , but never dies.

Just thought it would be a good idea to join and introduce myself.

See you guys later,

Nick

Inactive
    nice to have you nick. that intruder powered custom is a damn cool bike. job well done on that. i have shipped a fair share of kawasaki triples to western europe and the scandanavian countries nick. could always ship you over an XB if the dollar stabilizes vs. the euro that you use in the netherlands. i know that XB's are "slim pickings" as we say over here when it comes to the euro market.

That's cool, too be so devoted !
    Hope you find your dream bike soon.

He guys, thanks for the positive reactions. Nice t get such a warm welcome. I hope to find one aswell. Kawasaki Triple, awesome bikes. I remember my dad used to have one, 2 stroke power also Mph so i guess import.! Seems a cool idea if its not gonna works otherwise. What does a 2008 - up xbs(cg) (black on black) go for in the US?

(sorry for this useless post, need at least 3 posts to view my profile etc.)

Great looking bike! is it shaft driven? You did a good job of keeping that suspension intact while keeping the back end looking really clean. I've been looking through xs650 builds a lot lately and as nice as some of them look, I've noticed how hard it is to keep the right proportions on a bike without welding on a hardtail, so good job on that one.

You'll love the XB. If you appreciate how reliable the seca is... my XB9 was the most reliable and easy to maintain bike I've ever owned. Maybe consider leaving the rear fender on though if you get that much gross weather, I chopped mine off, and every time I got caught in the rain it was a constant stream of dirty water getting thrown at the back of my neck haha.