Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter project

The sausage king in more than one way John! Lol!

I literally want to be.EMANCIPATED from the two of you!!!!!!!

Wow this has gotten way off the track now.

Emancipated, does that mean something sexual! Shame on you Wally! Lol.

Things were moving along well on the one liter duc beater until last night. Wheels back from powder and I broke a few titanium rotor bolts due to the powder coater who is a friend and sponsor not plugging the rotor bolt holes during sandblasting (new kid on the blast hose) 20161203_131255.jpg20161209_171148.jpg plus the fact that I'm an idiot, I know better and should've chased the threads before mounting the rotors. Now I have to sand em down, center punch and start drilling.....FUN!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 12-11-2016 at 11:56 AM.

That sucks!
    I run a tap through any old threads, especially when those threads are aluminum, to insure there's no binding.
    I picked up a fairly nice and extremely cheap tap and die set from harbor freight for this specific reason.
    I hope you don't have to drill the titanium fasteners to extract them. That could get messy!
    Have you asked the shop that did the powder coating if they'll help you out? They did screw your rims up some.
    Good luck

Thanks Carlos, didn't say anything to the shop. He is a buddy and sponsors the bike actually. I get free powder coating, and tire money once a year if I beg nicely..lol, and an easy up tent w their logo. All I do is put their logo on the bike. Ill mention it to him when I calm down, I knew better and was rushing to get the bike off the stands and back on the ground. Mostly my fault.

Free powder coating, tires and shelter! Shoot! I wouldn't say anything either. The bit of frustration you'll have to deal with isn't worth losing a friendship and sweet track day related hook ups!
    Definitely wait until you simmer down before you start the repair process.

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Looks good Wally! Take your time you have all Winter. Hopefully things will work out better on my end for the track this summer.
    Actually Dave I wound up passing the wheels onto a buddy of mine who is a machinist. I did some carpentry work at his shop a few weeks back and he is repaying the favor. Definitely hope you make it down this season, looking forward to it.

The SV is here w me at my shop, it's on clist for sale. She was a damn good little bulletproof proof machine that served me well on the track. If it doesn't sell ill just hang on to it it as a backup bike. I'm sure it will sell at tax time or beginning of next season.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast