Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter project

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Lol.....you found it. It also has a new battery, vortex rear sprocket. Will come with the extra COMPLETE stock sv front-end, two brand new backup tires w 18mins of track time on them, spare gsxr calipers, a manual and some other small stuff I have laying around if anyone's interested.

20161218_131221.jpgWell my buddy Tommy worked his magic and got the 3 snapped rotor bolts out. Moving fwd once again. Best news to date is I kept breaking my boss's balls about why his name isnt on the side of my track weapon. Thurs of last week he asked how much I paid for the machine and I told him. Fri morn when he gave me the mens paychecks to hand out he gave me two envelopes for me. One paycheck and one w three grand cash. I looked at him and said no effin way man. He said merry xmas and hope that helps at the track. Then today came in and gave me an antique restored Starrett machinist square. Couldn't ask for a better boss.....

Glad to hear it Wally, hope your Christmas goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    Glad to hear it Wally, hope your Christmas goes well.
    Thanks a ton Mike, hope you and your girl have an AMAZING Xmas as well brother.

Yes Dave, PC POWDER COAT and CMC INC will definitely be plastered on the bike. I can totally do it without their help, but man did those two come through and help out big time this season. I feel very fortunate for their gracious contributions, PC POWDER for the second year in a row, great friends and an awesome employer who stand behind my addiction. ELEVEN DAYS OFF???? That's kickass man. Hope you and your wife enjoy that time off and the holidays brother......
    Last edited by wickedchop; 12-20-2016 at 08:43 PM.

20170105_152204.jpg Moving forward but TONS of work left. These pics show, new pc'd wheels, new bearings, new pads, new rotors, carbon fibre cans chopped down 7 inches, race bodywork being fitted, angled valve stems, and new Q3's.....long road ahead w a March 27th deadline.20170105_152117.jpg
    Last edited by wickedchop; 04-02-2017 at 07:48 PM.

20170402_113216.jpg20170402_114219.jpg20170402_114201.jpgok, she is all done, here is what went down. NEW...pc'd wheels, angled valve stems, q3's, wave rotors front and rear, ceramic pads front and rear, fully flushed brakes front and rear along with clutch, new bodywork, newly upholstered seat, new hand fabbed aluminum undertail to hold electronics, foldable levers, lever guards, double bubble screen, plastic mirror block off plates, new wheel bearings front and rear, 520 gold chain, keyless gas cap, billet clip ons, chopped carbon cans 7 inches, gun coat mid pipes, new radiator on left side, system flushed and filled with engine ice, rotella oil and new filter, plasti dipped tank, LOTS OF CURSING! Shook her down last weekend at the local industrial park and she is mean. Shook her head on me a lil bit and broke the back tire loose a few times. Tire pressure and some rear pre load should help a ton, plus the conditions were bad, lots of marbles, tires weren't scrubbed in and pressure wasn't set at all. On track at NJMP next Sat the 8th, hopefully all will go well after suspension setup.
    Last edited by wickedchop; 04-02-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Good luck! She looks like a badass

Lots of hard work is gonna pay off in giant smiles

Beautiful bike, only the best to you with it.

Screenshot (2).jpgScreenshot_2017-04-10-12-05-47.jpg Well the RC turned out to be an absolute MONSTER, fell in love with it within two laps. Left around 12th each sesh and pitted back in first every time before we had some issues with the bike that caused us to load up and go home around 3:30. It was just a terror and ran away from the whole group, even lapped back markers. Now to tear it apart and fix the few problems that arose.

Last edited by wickedchop; 04-10-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast