Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB race parts wanted: 2008 engine parts, full bodywork, race suspension

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Idk about on the buell but I have a a gsxr complete front-end on my little SV......that one is just a no brainer, I'd be under the assumption that there are a ton more fork internal tuning capabilities w the suzook front-end, brakes as well and im pretty sure spares are cheaper and more readily available. I haven't done anything to the rc51's suspension. Ok.....my parts appear to be off of a 2006-2007 gsxr 600-750. Ill take pics of the spares I have, if i have the dampener bracket its yours for free just pay shipping. The calipers i have to get some cash for. Ill post pics tmrw
    Yeah, but the (stock) SV suspension leaves a lot to be desired. Its probably the #1 improvement to that bike.

I really like SV650's especially the 1st gen ones.

Here is all i have gsxr related, if any of it helps you in your quest to crush the ducs in the BOT pm me.20170419_171201.jpg No bracket man, sorry. You can have the damn dampener for free if you want it.
    Last edited by wickedchop; 04-19-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Yeah, but the (stock) SV suspension leaves a lot to be desired. Its probably the #1 improvement to that bike.

I really like SV650's especially the 1st gen ones.
    Yeah that's why I said it's a no brainer on my little sv, the gsxr front-end and zx6r rear shock turn it into a completely different machine. And it's a first gen and for sale if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    And you better not! That thing is sweet
    Stop yelling at me Shaughn.....lol. I'll leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Here is all i have gsxr related, if any of it helps you in your quest to crush the ducs in the BOT pm me.20170419_171201.jpg No bracket man, sorry. You can have the damn dampener for free if you want it.
    I have an ohlins dampener I want to use - just need to find or fabricate a bracket. Ducs are going to be tough to beat in current config - need a spare engine for proper build.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I noticed there a a couple Buell bikes that legitimately race (not track day) with the GSXR conversion. Why? Suspension, brakes, or cool racer guy thing to do?
    From what I was told from a former Hals guy is: The Buell brakes needed lots of maintenance when subjected to constant race abuse, and the GSXR forks were just better.

1st test session completed, bike runs good, I have some sorting to do on the suspension settings - and gearbox downshifts were an issue - several false neutrals!
    (reverse shift pattern)
    Steering dampener is also mandatory - for me at least - luckily I have one from the XR1200 that will work. Number plate graphics are on their way. Test #2 scheduled for next Friday.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Looks great man, get her dialed in and push it hard. Keep those sausage machines behind you!

Going so so, best finish was Gingerman race #1 in the Battle of Twins Class (2nd place) believe the ECM is going bad - bike is stalling randomly - power out of the ECM to fuel pump switching off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12