Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backfire and Dies

Was not 100% sure I was going to respond back to this as I feel like a complete dumbass now. I took the gas tank back off to check my boot and spark plug better. Plug is good and boot is good. Then start putting everything back on decided to check gas flow for petcock. Was getting gas from reserv side but not when open. Blast would turn over and run fine when on reserve but die out when on open, Thinking my petcock was clocked or broekn I started looking into how to replace it. Then it hit me like a ton of dumbass....I drained the tank before and only put 1 gal back in with some foam. After looking up how much gas the tank holds and how it works then one quick trip to the gas station and BAM!!! back working, All in all...It seems I was looking for a problem when I was the problem. I'll do further road test to make sure the Blast stays running this time and post back.

Quote Originally Posted by ratmaz313 View Post
    Was not 100% sure I was going to respond back to this as I feel like a complete dumbass now. I took the gas tank back off to check my boot and spark plug better. Plug is good and boot is good. Then start putting everything back on decided to check gas flow for petcock. Was getting gas from reserv side but not when open. Blast would turn over and run fine when on reserve but die out when on open, Thinking my petcock was clocked or broekn I started looking into how to replace it. Then it hit me like a ton of dumbass....I drained the tank before and only put 1 gal back in with some foam. After looking up how much gas the tank holds and how it works then one quick trip to the gas station and BAM!!! back working, All in all...It seems I was looking for a problem when I was the problem. I'll do further road test to make sure the Blast stays running this time and post back.
    even if ya fell a bit dumb, you might keep someone else from chasing a problem they dont have LOL thanks for posting results! hope she's fixed

I hope so also...I have plans for her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12