Thread: Ulysses OE ecm protector block may be a wear item.

Ulysses OE ecm protector block may be a wear item.

Was throwing the new paint set on the uly and noticed the block that keeps the seat from breaking the ecm had worn down from vibration. About an 1/8" gone over nearly 13000 miles. Something to keep an eye on I guess. I had a new spare that came with me ebr ecm so I put it on. Suppose I could've just spun it around. ...

Yes, It does it's job !!

Do you know where can I buy one of this protector? Wasnt able to find its part number in the part catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaff View Post
    Do you know where can I buy one of this protector? Wasnt able to find its part number in the part catalog.
    Not sure, my new ECM that i purchased from EBR came with one and my bike had one on it when i bought it. Not sure if it can be purchased separately... There used to be a service bulletin about it online but i can't find it now. Check ebay!

Also lots of folks have relocated their ecm to the rear of the tail, eliminating the need for the block and reducing the amount of heat blasted on the ECM

So one would have to extend all of those little wires, correct ?, I don't think this is a stupid question in that, do they sell a plug and play set up ?

Kenny, I've done the ECM relocation. I had to because the bottom of my seat was rubbing on the wires connected to the ECM. One wire rubbed down to bare metal. No wire extenders that I know of. No plug and play either. Take off your seat and look for rubbing of you haven't already. You may not have any rubbing since you're not a real heavy dude. The relocation is no big deal. You just have to rig something up and relocate.

hi guys, I have a 2006 buell ulysses xb12x, my old ecm started to fail, so I purchased a BLANK ecm, how can I dowload the mapping on my new ecm ?
    I tried it all,(ecmspy), cannot get it to map the new ecm (got the cable).
    Sgt.Carlo Gigli