Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPS for '08 xb12r - Help with part

Once again, thanks LF for the guidence. Cleaning the IAC seemed to work. Start up has been much smoother, no spitting and stalls, and bike is running good.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by capebay23 View Post
    Once again, thanks LF for the guidence. Cleaning the IAC seemed to work. Start up has been much smoother, no spitting and stalls, and bike is running good.
    thanks for the kind words and always my pleasure. most of that gunk that you observed on your Q-tips is the direct result of the factory PCV system. a breather re-route if not already on your bike is a nice easy evening project with alot of bang for the buck.

Been on a few rides including one today in 50 degree weather and she is purring like a kitten. Warm-ups are flawless and without a single hiccup. Also know I put new NGK's in when i had it apart and discovered after 14k miles it still had the original plugs in it. I can really feel better pull up high and more smoothness overall. Thanks again.... I will be including the IAC cleaning and maybe new plugs (since so cheap) in my routine maintenance. Thanks again.

A TPS reset is a Quick way on an 2008 plus bike. by Throttle to see if it will run properly. Nice job on cleaning the IAC.area.
    Might be time to get a new one in the near future. The Breather reroute is a great upgrade.
    Engine Switch set to run.
    Turn on key switch. Do not start the Engine. let the fuel light go off.
    NOW twist the Throttle three times fully wide open slightly firm. and let close each time.
    turn off key switch Only.
    Now turn on Key switch right away fuel light goes off. NOW start the Engine. Let it Idle for at least close to a minute.
    Rev., the engine smoothly to about 2500 rpms let off the throttle each time.shut down the Bike. Turn it back on Light goes out Restart Engine . let it idle see if it stays running. Also DCPR9EIX ngks work well.
    A Simple reset. that needs to be done several times a year. Good Luck hope this helps. Jimi

Last edited by jimijeans; 02-12-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: needed to add to orginal post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12