Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O2 sensor confusion help.

O2 sensor confusion help.

I have an 08 XB12. I'm trying to buy a Walker o2 sensor for my bike. Price point and local availability is why I'm looking at the walkers.

Twinmotercycle.com search for factory part numbers came up with P0277.5AA for the 08 XB and 1125R. The 07 down is S0130.02A8. 2 different parts.

The part number Amazon has for Walker is 932-11001 for my 08. It also lists the same part for 07 which should not be. When I do a vehicle change to the 08 1125 it changes to a different part number, 932-1102.

Does anyone know for sure what o2 sensor will work in my DDFI2 2008 XB12?

I'll even go with other brands for a inexpensive replacement.

Just curious, did you try cleaning and testing it ? Oil blowby will foul it up, and if so, it can be cleaned off, one guy specifically recommended, electric motor cleaner and no, I have never tried this but will of I get that problem.

I'm a replace kind of guy. I'm to old and impacient to do something twice if I can avoid it. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Thanks for the tip though.

With all the searches I've done I can't be certain if some of the cross referenced parts will work in a 08-09. This is for the forum as well as me. Hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

Why not Bosch? They are half the price

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-12014-O.../dp/B0009IK7YC

I've seen this one but Amazon says no and I only see it for the 07 down. I know you have a 09 and wrecked the 08. Have you used this part number or do you know for sure it works for my 08?

I have no problem using any company as long as I can guarantee fitment.

I've been digging more and found a PDF from Walker and they list the part number for it. They say it works for 04-08. They have a different PN for the front sensor on the 2010. I hope they know WTF they're talking about.

I don't know.

Now that that is out of the way... Since the big change in Buells was '08 with the DDFI-3 computer and Thunderstorm engine, I would tend to believe the part break would also be that year, regardless if it's cheaper. Get an '08-up sensor.

I agree. This is what is driving me crazy. The 932-11001 from Walker is a single wire and is listed for 04-08 XBs. On the 09-10 it has a different part number for the front sensor but the same for the rear. I thought only the 2010 had 2 sensors. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. It's raining so I should be replacing it before Sunday. I'll report back on whether or not it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dellinger; 12-31-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Just got back from a test ride. It works. That being said I think most if not all of these sensors from previous years will work as long as the plug is the same.

The Walker I got I do not recommend. The length is to long. It fits but the wire on the top is in a hard plastic shroud that comes in contact with the fan housing. The one I got, 932-11001 is 370 mm in length. The one listed for the 09-10 is 932-11036 and is 225 mm in length. I'll be using this one next time. They all have a single wire. I'm sending an email to Walker asking them to update their part number...

Sorry for the late response, but looks like the bosch has the same issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast