Thread: Frame sliders

Frame sliders

Hey guys, I just got an 07 xb12r with a few mods. I obviously want to protect my investment, so I started researching sliders. It's already got front/rear axle sliders as well as frame pucks, but I saw some additional sliders from T-Rex Racing. It looks like they go right on the the engine engine mounts using a plate. I'm worried that, in the event of a crash, the sliders could do some damage to the mounts if it decides to rip out.

Anyone have any experience with these? Link for the product I'm talking about below.

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=498

I went down on the freeway with a similar case slider from 5-0Dro(out of business) and my frame didn't have a scratch

So no damage to where it bolted in at? I'm really just worried about them being pulled out destroying those engine mounts.

No damage to the mounting locations, but I haven't ran the engine since then.

They work....I had the T-rex engine sliders on mine for my crash (18 months ago). Not a scratch on the engine other than the shift lever "drawing" a line across the clutch adjustment cover (which I replaced and the engine looks new). I've run that engine for over 5,000 miles since that point....and had Lunaticfringe (John) look at that bike for me as well. The engine is perfect - no damage to mounts whatsoever.

Given the age of the bikes and the fact that we don't have ready-made mechanic support everywhere, I think the axle and engine sliders just make good sense.

I'll be ordering these for my Ully, I just had an accident with a triumph speed triple, it had sliders on it, the bike was almost broken in half, frame was broken all the way through to the cylinders. Amazingly enough, the front left signal, which sticks out was not even scratched and the bike ended up on that side ! It was totalled and everyone was amazed that I only had a broken wrist and two ribs, very painful by the way, and yes, I'm still sitting home recuperating but, Frame Sliders work !

+1 on the Trex, saved my bike big time. Running like a champ miles later.