Thread: 2009 1125R Service

2009 1125R Service

I have a 2009 Buell 1125R that I bought from the factory after a 2008 deployment to Iraq. It has been sitting for awhile and I want to get it serviced. I know it needs a crank position sensor and maybe some other fixes. I live in West Palm Beach, FL but have not been able to find a mechanic to work on it. All the local Harley shops won't even touch it. Does anyone know of where I can find one in Florida? I wish I was educated enough to do any work myself but there are no places that offer formal training on Buells anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

First thing you should do is buy the shop manual, even if you don't do your own work, you look at what is involved in fixing it, when you find a shop that will work on it. This will also educate you for the future encase you decide to tackle small jobs. It will also show you where the parts are and then decide if you want to tackle it.

I'm sorry, I don't own an 1125, or I would look it up for you to see how easy or difficult a job it is, but I'm sure someone with the knowledge will chime in.

Good luck and thanks for your service !

Thanks njloco, I will get a service manual and see what it entails. I grew up racing and riding motocross and did most of my own work on my dirtbikes but I am not sure I want to tackle my Buell, I will see once I check out the service manual. Thanks for my service recognition, appreciate it. Thanks again

Check out www.buellmods.com
    I've downloaded XB service manuals from the sight but I'm not 100% sure about the 1125 manuals. It's all free so just check it out. Worse case senerio you waste 5min of your life.

Did a quick google search and found this:
    http://www.ukbeg.com/pash/2008%20Bue.../99949-08Y.pdf
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 01-06-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Chicknstripn... I will check the out. The one thing about doing my own work is that if I screw something up there are very few mechanics that I can find to do legitimate fixing. There seem to be few to no mechanics in my area that work on Buells. There is a rumor from a Harley Mech locally that there is a former Buell Mech that lives about an hour and a half away, I am going to keep researching that and see if I can get a hold of the guy. I will keep searching though, I really want to get this thing back on the road. It only has about 6500 miles. Thanks a ton for the help guys!!

Great news, for me that is. I have located a custom bike shop that works on Buells!! This is a major relief. Steel Knuckle Customs in Boynton Beach, FL, just incase anyone reading this needs service in this area.

Thanks so much guys for all your input and help, greatly appreciated. Once I get her back on the road I plan on doing some mods.

FWIW there is a problem with the Buellmods.com 1125 service manual. IIRC onetufford mailed me a flash drive with the service manual. Shoot him a PM, the manual is as important of a tool as a T27