Thread: Polaris to shut down Victory

Polaris to shut down Victory

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company...t-announcement

Wow. I never really cared for the looks of those bikes. Funny lines.

Victory bikes are really cool, I think, but this sounds like a smart decision for the company. The motorcycle market does seem to be as vibrant and competitive as I have ever seen in my lifetime and I have seen the Indian brand more an more on the roads of Southern California. Its really a great time to be riding motorcycles, isn't it? I love having so many awesome machines to choose from and build my bike resume. A new decision awaits for me this spring and I find myself torn between offerings from EBR, KTM, Yamaha and BMW. 2017 is poised to be a great year for Polaris companies and motorcycles in general.

Inactive
    this was destined to eventually happen. polaris is a wonderful american company but as large and profitable as they are....they're not large enough to sustain TWO distinct motorcycle brands that share virtually no componentry.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    this was destined to eventually happen. polaris is a wonderful american company but as large and profitable as they are....they're not large enough to sustain TWO distinct motorcycle brands that share virtually no componentry.
    Agreed. Plus much better bet to play on American love for our heritage (like harley does)when selling cruiser and sport cruiser motorcycles. I thought some victory bikes were pretty cool, but I personally would buy an Indian without even waking through a victory show room

Yep, the hard push of Indian is their focus. Here in NC they have opened at least three new or thoroughly remodeled Indian showrooms. I stopped at a new one in Bristol TN last fall. Really nice place and great atmosphere. I'm sure they have Harley in their sights. This pic is Indian Motorcycle Charlotte, NC

Last edited by lancruza; 01-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

wow, that dealership looks incredible!