Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xb12 exhaust question

xb12 exhaust question

IMG_20170117_170929.jpg
    Fellow Buellers, I have just purchased a XB12Ss and it came with this exhaust. Does anyone know what it is and also the bike has no chin spoiler, is this totally necessary and am I able to put one on if I want to, thnak.

I've never seen that exhaust as I'm fairly new to Buells.

The stock muffler and some after market mufflers have the brackets that allow to mount the chin spoiler. Without them it will be more difficult, but not impossible. The Buell gurus will post soon.

Thanks Chewie, all new to me too. The bike was in Japan so maybe an aftermarket one from there? Anyways,does the chin spoiler have a purpose or is it just cosmetic? If its needed I'll have to source one and figure out how to fit it.

Cool looking pipes. Never heard or seen it. I'd be curious to know how it scores on performance. How does it sound?

I googled Tadakatsu. Definitely some Jap exhaust guru .😐

Inactive
    IMO and my opinion only....any XB looks like hell without the lower cowling or "chin spoiler" as you referred to it. if and when you procure one and all the 7 torx fasteners that affix it to the factory brackets that are part of the stock muffler......you'll see that hand fabricating your own brackets quite challenging. the stock cowling has 7 dedicated mounting points and all must be used or it eventually falls apart. the specific purpose of the cowling is to finish off the bottom portion of an XB which is fairly unsightly, force feed cooling air onto the front and bottom of the motor/trans assembly, and streamline the lines of the bikes' profile.

That is definitely a one off exhaust or something exotic from Japan. 10yrs with my buell and various buell forums I've never seen that exhaust.
    And if you like the raw, or unsightly, look of the bike just run it as is. I don't have one on my bike but my bike is an unsightly bitch only this Bueller could love. And I like it that way!

Thanks guys, may have to go without the spoiler as there arent any brackets on the exhaust. As for sound, I only just got it and havent as much as started it yet but will do in next couple days when time allows.

Don't be a total noob and rev the crap out of it when you first start it up. That's probably the best way to instantly foul your plugs.
    Insure the engine is good and warm before you try any of that useless blipping of the throttle on a static bike.

Let's see a few more pics. Maybe some different angles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast