Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xb12 exhaust question

I plan on looking after it best I can, thanks for the advise Chicknstripn
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a unique exhaust. I would appreciate it if you uploaded a video of the idle and a drive by.

I would rip that piece of crap off!!!!! There is no way that is a good flowing exhaust with that first chamber on there.

LMAO, now now.... Let's give it a chance.... Maybe back pressure? If it really is a Japanese Guru then perhaps he knows some secret techniques that added 28 HP to the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    I would rip that piece of crap off!!!!! There is no way that is a good flowing exhaust with that first chamber on there.
    At least we know Buells get some sort of attention in the land of I4'a :-/

There's a large group of devoted buellers in Japan.......we get some pics of their rides every now and again. Their care for the brand, customizations, and (frankly) high part/operating costs are to be commended as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen one of those cans either, but considering the expense that's gone into a lot of those bikes, I wouldn't immediately assume it's any kind of POS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMhx_4JwiU

I predict OP posts a video and it sounds and runs like vtwin velvet. The following month Dean Adams will have a prototype in the works. It will be called xb rt-c3po.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 01-18-2017 at 08:12 PM.

I think it's definitely an odd looking pipe but I kinda dig it in a weird way, would love to see some dyno runs compared to some other pipes. Definitely wanna hear it.......

I would give it a chance ,I like it . Bet it sounds good and it good looks, works for me.

the front chamber looks like an attempt (good?) to play with the resonate frequencies and pressure waves to promote scavenging of the exhaust pulse to increase power through efficiency. Smokey Yunick did this back in the 50's and again in the early 70's. (Definitely a man before his time.) The Japanese Clubs are very into their Buells and spare no expense in modifications to make it their own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast