Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Micro voltmeter in handlebar control housing

Yeah I planned to trim the legs, eliminating connectors, and soldering the wires. Or if there's not enough room I'll just install 3 of the mini push buttons. Thanks for the info.

Very tastefully done.

Chili

I like the little LED's size for a voltmeter but the locations not for me. I see room for it in the upper end of the fuse box cover and then just solder a lead to a fuse and plug it into one of several empty slots grounding the other. Your thoughts TPEHAK?

Not that there is anything wrong with your choice of location but I can find extra fuse box covers and using the box location would be like wiring for dummies easy leaving a little slack to remove the cover and still stay connected.

Banned
    If you mean to put the voltmeter on the fuse box under the seat it will be useless because of you will not see it. The whole idea of this modification is monitoring voltage while riding constantly for peace of mind and for detecting charging problems before it will be too late.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-16-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    If you mean to put the voltmeter on the fuse box under the seat it will be useless because of you will not see it. The whole idea of this modification is to monitor voltage while riding constantly.
    Nope I have a firebolt, fuse box is visible from the drivers seat. Ordered the blue one I going to assume some of you boys must have your fuse box's under your seat.
    Last edited by midway; 08-16-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Banned
    Then it should work just fine, just make sure you follow wiring diagram from service manual to connect your gauge properly. You can also put voltmeter inside instrument cluster, you need to disassemble it and cut an opening for the voltmeter screen.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...e-install-pics
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-16-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Then it should work just fine, just make sure you follow wiring diagram from service manual to connect your gauge properly.[/url]
    It will look like this to return to stock profile would only take a moment to unplug a fuse and replace with an OEM cap. Thanks for the idea!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 08-16-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234