Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008/2009 XB9 ecm maps

Davie: Below is link to old thread that might be of help on your 2008. Brett aka Lawdog still board member but inactive past few years. He has the maps you're seeking. Great guy as well. Perhaps try sending him a PM on here and see if he responds.
    PS-Just wondering if you happen to know Alasdair Cowan from Edinburgh? Good friend of mine who won the senior class at Isle of Man past few years.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...e-2008-2009-XB
    Last edited by Barrett; 11-18-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Barrett, thanks again, very useful info, I'm just gathering weapons and ammo before I take on the bike, hopefully this weekend.

Not met Alasdair yet, I see a couple of Buells around Edinburgh, haven't caught up with them yet, I'm also an irregular member of the Borders Classic Club.

Cheers,

Davie

Have you checked the fuel pressure? If the pump is getting old and its producing enough pressure, it can cause the same issues.

Also have you checked your intake seals? They may be leaking just a little for the overly rich warm up program to compensate for, but as the bike warms up and it and the mixture goes back to "stoich"-ish, it could cause the motor to start running lean. Usually when most people find out the PITA it is to get at the intake seals, the bike goes up for sale quick and "just needs a $50 part".

Checking the seals for leaks is cheap and easy. Replacing the seals is cheap and not easy, especially the first time. A fuel pressure gauge is available from AMF here if you're interested in that.

https://aagaardmotofoundry.bigcartel...ressure-tester
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-17-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Hi, not checked it yet, the bike had the complete 10K service bike stripped to bare bones 4 years ago and has done less than 1000 miles since then, the bike doesn't like long periods of non use as I think the O2 sensor in the exhaust needs high temp to perform, had very little use in the last 16 months, so this maybe the issue.
    I can apply a unlit blow torch to the seals to test, carried out this test with other bikes.

Very good responses from the guys, very much appreciated.

Thanks, Davie

Barrett , there's another Outlaw on this forum ? What the hell

Hi, Put the bike on ECMspy, running as bad as ever, the fuel pressure is not being picked up on the live feed, I have tested the pump and it seems to run with no fault code picked up by ECM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16543

Maybe time to take out the fuel pump?

Thanks,

Davie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Barrett , there's another Outlaw on this forum ? What the hell

My mistake Josh. Brett is Lawdog. I amended that post to fix same. You and you alone Sir are the one and only true Outlaw.

Thanks Barrett

So, do we have any Inlaws? :P

Quote Originally Posted by XB9DS View Post
    Hi, Put the bike on ECMspy, running as bad as ever, the fuel pressure is not being picked up on the live feed, I have tested the pump and it seems to run with no fault code picked up by ECM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16543

Maybe time to take out the fuel pump?

Thanks,

Davie
    There is no pressure sensor on the XB platform. You'll need to tee in a gauge. Easily done DIY:
    Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 12.03.03 PM.png

Or the aforementioned Rev-Mo.com offers inexpensive complete kits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast