Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008/2009 XB9 ecm maps

2008/2009 XB9 ecm maps

Hi.
    Iīm looking for the original/stock EEPROM for the 2009 model of XB9SX motorcycle. Itīs running the BUE2D firmware but any other will do as itīs just a matter of "translating" from one firmware to the other. Can anyone please send me it? Email mario.avelar.fernandes@gmail.com

Cheers.

It's much more than 'translating' the fuel map to the different firmware. They actually store the map in a different memory location as well, thats exactly how ECM's get 'bricked', by bypassing the securities and burning a map from a different firmware version.

PM AZMidget on here. He may have access to a later map like that. Try Buelltooth.com and ask them too. Maybe Buellmods.com? If you have the capability to burn a map, then you have the capability to read and store one from another bike (that is stock) as well. Any local Buellers to you?

I have a stock 2009 XB9SX BUE2D eeprom that I will email to you when I get home. I saved it to my Droid phone right after having my ECM updated from BUEZD to BUE2D.

Hi,
    maybe somebody have stock 2009 xb9 maps and can send me?

Looks like http://buellmods.com/ doesn't have the 2009 maps.

Hi,
    Recently joined, had the bike for a few years.
    I'm also have trouble with an 08 XB9SX erratic running??

Buell details Oct22.png

An original map would be good if available.
    Thanks,
    Davie

How did you diagnose that fuel program is the issue? That would be bizarrely ultra rare and odd.

There was an issue with the Uly's where the low seat would contact and physically crack the ECM housing causing intermittent issues, but still not a fueling program issue.

If you insist on continuing down that path anyway. Rev-Mo.com

I only have earlier year ECMSPY maps

sorry
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Cooter, thanks for the info and the quick reply.

I'm not sure what is wrong with it, same as in the lcq4blackstar video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1n_RvOMsE

The repair seems to have been EEPROM, see below

lcq4blackstar
    5 years ago
    Bike is now fixed, ended up a corrupt EEPROM, in ECMSpy under the EEPROM tab there is a check box to the right of the "burn" button, when this is checked you cannot perform a complete EEPROM flash only the changes made get pushed to the EEPROM. Once you uncheck that box you will be able to completely "burn" your saved good EEPROM. Pay special attention when using any software with bluetooth/cable to make changes to the EEPROM, I found it can easily lose connection while making the changes and corrupt the data.

Although my bike is now failing to tick over, rev through the range and loves to pop in the exhaust.

I'm just beginning to gather info and would like to check what a stock map looks like?

Thanks,

Davie

Jack,

Thanks for taking the time and sending the info, forgot to mention to Cooter, done the TPS reset as its an 08 simple throttle twist and release.

Cheers,

Davie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast