Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: DDFI-3 tuning with stock o2 sensor

34:19: I'll fly right over to install that tune for you for free...

RB: an '09 ECM will have BUE2D firmware on it, I think Buelltooth.com has a Race tune available for free with that firmware? Worthasking.

I got the 08 in, and I did order an 09 ECM as well, as well as an 09 12R main harness, with a 09 CityX throttle body assembly. Of course I got some other ideas I need to look into...I see a couple spare pins...
    I will try to power up the ECMs and see which firm wares I have.
    Thanks Cooter, I did throw your name around and after assuring him we don't know the same cooter he finally talked to me.

Oh good. Glad you can start to move forward, but did I miss what your goal is?
    I ran dual O2's on mine with the stock '08 DDFI-3 (BUE2D) ECM and it's pretty simple to set up. I never saw a difference in the adjustments though. Either my tune was so close already, or I messed something up, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    I got the 08 in, and I did order an 09 ECM as well, as well as an 09 12R main harness, with a 09 CityX throttle body assembly. Of course I got some other ideas I need to look into...I see a couple spare pins...
    I will try to power up the ECMs and see which firm wares I have.
    Thanks Cooter, I did throw your name around and after assuring him we don't know the same cooter he finally talked to me.
    Hell. He still won’t talk to me. Lol

(I’ve heard he’s a good guy, though)

The password is: gottabuycooteradrinkfirst. No caps no spaces

Was there suppose to be a goal to this?

Initially I wanted dual O2, more searching and falling down the rabbit hole....Only thing I will gain going to a newer harness is having the ability to run a newer, IAC style TB, and not needing any more tps resets. No real performance gain. It will likely be swapped over when I swap to the dual o2 header. Unfortunately its a 12 header. Didn't find a 9 dual till after. Not spending more on just a 9 header. I'll just have to build the 9 to use the 12 header. (performance wise...)

Ya, I guess messing around is good too

Are you having a issue where you need to re-set the TPS more than once every few years? If so, that issue will probably still be there with the TB change. Having an IAC is good for idle control, but there's still a TPS re-set procedure (its not an adjustment, it just adds a correction factor by twisting the grip).

The 12 header will be fine on the 9, the back pressure theory has been dis-proven so many times and the 9 head pipes look kinda weenie anyway

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617