Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best cleaning products?

Best cleaning products?

Please post your favorite cleaning products for frame, body, wheels, etc... I've just purchased a 2008 Ulysses that needs a little TLC. I'm concerned about damaging the surfaces if I use a product too storng, but don't want to spend days scrubbing. Cheers!

Banned
    I use Megular cleaner for everything on motorcycle, I use S100 for hard to achieve places. I use CleanUp chain cleaner with brush for chain, I use DuPont Teflon dry chain saver to lube the chain. Sometimes I apply Megular leather cream on seat to protect it against UV light. Megular also has a set for complete care for motorcycle. I have this set but I use regularly only cleaner from this set. Sometimes I use HD engine brightener to maintain "like new" look of the engine.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 02-22-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks, I'll give them a try!

Banned
    Last Friday I used Muc-Off MOX-904 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my bicycle with awesome result. This is the only stuff was capable to remove gunk from bicycle rims and got the bike completely clean I tried. Megular cleaner and S-100 were not capable to do this. Next time I'm going to try Muc-Off on my Buell.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 03-26-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Last Friday I used Muc-Off MOX-904 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my bicycle with awesome result. This is the only stuff was capable to remove gunk from bicycle rims and got the bike completely clean I tried. Megular cleaner and S-100 were not capable to do this. Next time I'm going to try Muc-Off on my Buell.
    Sometimes you have to tell people to Muc-Off, and that is the best solution, that I have ever used on my Buell! LOL

I always have a problem getting old brake dust out of the wheel powder coat without a TON of polishing.

Anyone know an easier way without grinding off my fingerprints with a rag and polish? I'm pretty sure compound is too harsh and don't want to scratch them, but I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I always have a problem getting old brake dust out of the wheel powder coat without a TON of polishing.

Anyone know an easier way without grinding off my fingerprints with a rag and polish? I'm pretty sure compound is too harsh and don't want to scratch them, but I haven't tried.
    You can use rubbing compound on them if they really need a good buffing. Just dont use any of the "super cut" gritty crap. Good 3m perfect-it 06085. I did the wheels on that black lightning with that to get what i can assume was its entire lifetime of brake dust off....

On the uly i let a bit of simple green soak on there to break up the brake dust then my "scuzzy mit" with soap and water. i try and never use a wash mitt thats touched a wheel on anything else.

This is the down side of center mounted exhaust isn't it. I just ordered that Pro Honda cleaner posted above to see if it will cut the soot off the rear rim. In the past and only when it gets mucked up something terrible I swipe it with mineral spirits and that hasn't produced any ill effects so far on the paint.

I don't know if this can help anyone and , I don't know if it will effect the finish or not. The best degreaser I ever saw or used by accident was, Vege diesel, it spilled by accident on the caked up greasy engine and the dirty grease just literally ran off and left a clean area on the engine ! Since I have used commercial degreasers, I was pretty astounded by this, and it's cheap, that is, if you can find someone who makes it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast