Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 05 XB9SX Oil Change???? Help

Thanks Guys -

Yall are awesome! I did notice one thing with the bike that is throwing a red flag. When riding I am having a good amount of vibration as the motor comes down from being over 2k. Say I clutch to come to a stop and I am at 4k as the motor hits the 2k area there is a good amount of vibration/shutter feeling. Could this be a motor mount issue?

Quote Originally Posted by campbellian73 View Post
    Thanks Guys -

Yall are awesome! I did notice one thing with the bike that is throwing a red flag. When riding I am having a good amount of vibration as the motor comes down from being over 2k. Say I clutch to come to a stop and I am at 4k as the motor hits the 2k area there is a good amount of vibration/shutter feeling. Could this be a motor mount issue?
    With your low miles probably not, It might just be the front isolator similar with TPEHAK XB .

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...sual-vibration
    Last edited by Silverrider; 02-27-2017 at 03:18 PM.

I will also add, that I now check with lunaticfringe first for any parts I need since he along with many others here devote a lot of time to help those with problems.
    Also, most that are qualified to give advice will usually give suggestions in ascending order of ease and expense, so do follow in order.

Good luck

+10 lunaticfringe - he knows his stuff. Sometimes the answer isnt what you want to hear or the cheapest way out, but it is sage advice.

Could you post or link the procedure to check oil levels? I would greatly appreciate it!

Banned

www.buellmods.com

Do yourself a favor. Click the above link and download a manual. You'll save yourself a ton of time by reading the service manual and figuring stuff out on your own.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Could you post or link the procedure to check oil levels? I would greatly appreciate it!
    the following procedures will always display wildly inaccurate oil level readings for the engine oil:
    1-cold bike having sat over-nite on sidestand
    2-warm bike having sat an hour or more on sidestand
    3-checking with bike level and NOT on sidestand
    4-immediately following oil change but prior to actually running the motor
    here is the correct bomb-proof procedure with NOTHING under the sidestand except the ground surface itself:
    1-ride bike. get heat in the motor and oiling system. by "heat" i mean you can feel the same approx. warmth on the swingarm surface as you can on the primary cover.
    2-park bike, stop motor, activate sidestand, dismount, remove riding attire, fetch a clean cloth
    3-now remove the swingarm fill cap exposing dipstick. wipe clean....reinstall dipstick...turn till its snug...remove...and NOW check oil level. range on the dipstick relates to one full pint. some manuals have this mis-printed. in other words if level at bottom of range....start with addition of ONLY ONE PINT.....then check again

Do yourself a favor. Click the above link and download a manual. You'll save yourself a ton of time by reading the service manual and figuring stuff out on your own.
    so true! a wealth of knowledge here for sure, but my personal goal is try and keep my questions here to things you can't find in the manual. Tips and experience from lunaticfringe for example, surpass any manual, but dont go asking him for torque specs, LOOK IT UP! (not that he wouldnt know them!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast