Thread: Best Renthal bend for Uly?

Best Renthal bend for Uly?

Hey guys. I'm looking to swap the bars on my Uly for a better looking set with a little less rise. I'm either going with the standard 7/8" renthal or the 1 1/8" twinwall, not sure yet. If I go with the twins I would buy the 2" risers which convert it to fit those bars. If I go with the 7/8" they'll go into the stock risers.

Anyway, I've been looking at the various bends of Renthal bars and it looks like most of them are much shorter than the Uly bar. I can stand a little but lower of a bar but these look like they're 4-5" shorter than stock and I think that would put me into a really hunched over, almost crotch rocket position. I've been looking but I can't seem to find a bend which comes anywhere near the Uly bars, so I was wondering if anyone runs Renthal's and if you could advise me which bend you have and if you could post a picture that would be awesome.

Thank you.

I'm a big fan of the Ricky Carmichael bend for the Lightnings, including the Ss that has the same frame as yours. Low bend and plenty wide.

Bars are such a personal thing though. Your size, preference and previous injuries will dictate what bar you like.

Update: Went with the renthal road bars in the street fighter bend, they have the cross bar and fit great. Quite a drop from the massive stock bars but comfortable and the width is almost the same as stock. Highly recomended.