Thread: Next door neighbor hit my bike

Next door neighbor hit my bike

My next door neighbor happened to back into my bike knocking it over on the right side the break footpeg is bent brake lever is bent I notice when I am riding it seems like the brakes are lightly applied any idea of what could cause it

Banned
    The brake footpeg could be wedged. Unscrew the brake lever and bend it back. Make sure it moves freely in the brake footpeg bracket. You also can carefully press the brake pad piston back using flat screwdriver and pump brake.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by antivenom View Post
    My next door neighbor happened to back into my bike knocking it over on the right side the break footpeg is bent brake lever is bent I notice when I am riding it seems like the brakes are lightly applied any idea of what could cause it
    put an 8mm and a 10mm box wrench into your pocket. now ride your damaged bike a mile or so. stop. get off. feel each rotor with bare hand. if one or both are hot....not mildly warm.....hot....that's the problem child. now take your wrench, back off the caliper bleeder of the corresponding caliper to relieve the pressure.....close bleeder.....ride home....diagnose the guilty component and repair. i'll also add that there's a thing called PUNCTUATION. using it would make your post a hell of alot easier to comprehend.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 02-28-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Sorry I used voice text.

I would replace any bent brake lever rather than straighten it. A straightened lever might work ok in day to day use but fail in an emergency when you need it most. Not worth the risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by antivenom View Post
    Sorry I used voice text.
    You can use voice text and punctuation. Just say "period" or "comma" or whatever at the appropriate places.

Hit your neighbor!

Banned
    Just call your insurance company to fix the motorcycle, they will take care about it.

Go through their (neighbours) insurance company, they'll be willing to pay more $ for fixing your bike, also, any scratches on that side they have to pay for new parts or, used parts in equal shape. Needless to say, don't park anyplace next to your neighbor!

Good luck or, should I say better luck.

P.S. although they have to pay for even the smallest damage, doesn't mean you have to replace it !

Last edited by njloco; 02-28-2017 at 11:02 PM.