Thread: Looking for crank tool?

Looking for crank tool?

Hello, ive had my 2008 1125r for almost 7 months... 7 months of storage..haven't even gotten to experience it yet. Was told it needed starter.. found out actually it's the sprag.. got the part. Ordered tool from TWIN.. never showed. Was wondering if anyone has the locking tool I can loan for like a day or so or if anyone is local to Fort Worth I have beer!

Theresa Pena told me to find a Dean Adams.. I'm getting desperate.

PM Dean on here. Or it's way easier to just make your own from aluminum bar stock.

I didn't need that tool to remove the starter though?

and a big FYI... ONLY use OEM parts in the starter, or an OEM starter only. The cheap stuff (E-bay) does NOT seal the primary oil causing a big leak through the nose cone of the starter.

I have the locking tool if you're just wanting to borrow one. Located in magnolia tx. I just ask for a deposit till I get it back and cover shipping.

He will need it to get to the sprag on a 1125 its with the rotor.

Id suggest getting a new side cover gasket while you're a it, not a huge job on the 1125 but not exactly fun enough to do twice.

I like to do things a little too thorough.. So, ordered the sprag, sprag housing, gasket, and new bolts and rotor nut. I don't want to do this again.

Do you happen to have his username? I've tried searches but nothing pops up? Must be my phone.

And i can cover deposit and what not if need be. I don't usually do forums except to read..

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...stems-for-sale

Oops, I assumed XB... didn't read the section and I only look at 'New Posts' haha

PM sent Bimmer.

Its a handy tool to have though rarely needed.

I have a few of them on hand, cam lock tools as well if you need one.

I'll tell y'all something, I'm no where near a squid to motorcycles.. But this buell has been a different beast. I haven't gotten this kind of help or assistance since getting into my old BMWs like the 2002s and e30s.. Y'all are an awesome community and if I didn't work with Theresa I probably would be breaking more **** lol. I highly appreciate it!