Thread: 2005 Buell XB 9S shuts off while riding

2005 Buell XB 9S shuts off while riding

My buell just shut off while riding. Turn key off and then bike starts right back up again! Fuel problem? Water in fuel? Good battery, no electrical issues. I am Stumpped!

They're going to ask you for more info, like does it totally go dead or does it sputter to a stop, just as an example.

P.S. I tried to warn you !

Understand, they want to help you but, you have to help them to do that. With the exception of lunaticfringe and possibly Cooter, i don't think any of the others who are capable of providing help, are also clairvoyant.
    Last edited by njloco; 03-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    They're going to ask you for more info, like does it totally go dead or does it sputter to a stop, just as an example.
    Totally goes dead, like its running out of gas. then fires up again.

Even the title is misleading.
    Does this happen a lot like the title you wrote, or just one time like the post you wrote?

Running out of gas is more of a sputter and die. An ignition/electrical problem is more of a "just shut off" thing, and would explain the re-start.

Write a paragraph (with punctuation!) of all the info you can give. The answer you get will be exactly as good as the information you give. The more specific you are, the better help you will get.

When it died was it idling? Cold bike? Runs well otherwise? Had it long? Any recent work done? Whats your re-start procedure (are you using the kill switch or use the key)? Kickstand up? Clutch in?

How about you? Experienced Buell technician? Got some tools? Don't know how a wrench works? You checked the gas with a hydrometer and found water, or was that just a random assumption?

I'll keep shaking my magic 8-ball for answers.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by trackman883 View Post
    My buell just shut off while riding. Turn key off and then bike starts right back up again! Fuel problem? Water in fuel? Good battery, no electrical issues. I am Stumpped!
    with the plethora of info you've so kindly provided including year/model/mileage....symptoms prior to shut-down....history of bike....trouble-shooting you've performed prior to initiating this thread ....i would think that one of the mechanical "gurus" on here should readily and accurately be able to "keyboard repair" your buell. i don't know much about them but hang in there.....help surely coming.

Quote Originally Posted by trackman883 View Post
    My buell just shut off while riding.
    But you did get three responses, sometimes I just get views. After 50 I figue there is no good answer LOL