Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So what's the problem!?!

You're a Lunatic, and I think you're on the fringe!! haha The problem isn't fiddling with the electronics, except in this case haha (sorry lowkey...). Sometimes you do need to get into the ECM, but it's only about 5% as much as people actually do. Give a man a hammer, and he'll use it...

The almost universal problem on here is ignoring diagnostic procedures. So... you want to find the treasure, right?? Do you start digging random holes, hoping to get lucky? Or do you walk the path with a map and dig ONE hole?

If you get lucky, you have learned nothing and will have to get lucky every time you want the treasure. If you learn to use the treasure map, you will always find the treasure in the most efficient, timely, least expensive way. Mmmm, I must be feeling philosophical today...

Glad your ride is running Lowkey, go get some miles on it and post pics

Cooter, we preach the same path but to my credit the same procedure was done yesterday that was done the very first day I ran into the issue, the only difference was the check box being ticked to NOT allow a "full" EEPROM flash instead of just "changes". I followed the path of what was just done the day/days before and that was mapping/tuning and a full tank of fuel so that is what I went after first. The other thing was the last ride was half on a dirt road so that leads you down the path of things rattling loose or sensors getting damaged etc...

The positives from this is:

- I now know the condition and flow of the complete fuel system as well as the injectors
    - I know every electrical connections condition of the bike
    - I now know the condition of the coil/wires against the factory specifications
    - I now have fresh intake seals and that you can't put faith in a product to last (have to inspect no matter what)
    - I have found the parts and showed how to repair the fuel line for $10
    - I came up with a great way to quickly visually inspect the condition of you intake seals to go along with a running bike outside fuel source test
    - I have now found a solution that will save forum members more than Geico can when it comes time to change the CPS sensor

Can't hate a silver lining!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Can't hate a silver lining!
    Did I hear Silver ?????

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456