Thread: ISO carbon canister assy. for 01 blast p3

ISO carbon canister assy. for 01 blast p3

Hi, proud owner of a new to me 2001 Blast P3 with an identity crisis. It has a Calif. legal engine but the VIN is for a 49 state bike. I'm hoping I can install the canister assembly and get it registered in CA. Does anyone have one/a take off available?

How many miles?

Unless there is over 7500 miles there is nothing you can do to the bike to register it in California. Even adding the proper smog equipment will not matter as they go strictly by the VIN. Don't waste your time or money.

Been there, Done that, Registered in Washington until I pass 7500 miles (only 6000 to go!).

Now there is really one way around which I am going to attempt when my WA registration expires in April. Supposedly, if you have the bike titled and registered in your name in another state they cannot refuse to register it in CA no matter the miles. They also cannot force you to install the smog equipment.

I'll find out how true this is next month. The only thing they could get me on is not actually living in WA even though I maintain it as a second home.

hi! Thanks for responding--it's got 10k+ so I guess it's not "new" but i was hoping if I had the emissions stuff they'd let me go by the engine number and sticker on the swingarm. Good luck with yours--if it works I may use it as an excuse to move!

If it has over 7500, then you do not need to install any smog equipment and they should register it from the original VIN even if it is a 49 state bike. I am pretty sure you can even register it online.

In almost all cases they will go by the VIN on the frame. they have never checked any of my vehicles to see if the engine and frame match. They use the VIN because that is the number the bike was titled with and is the best way to trace it.

Do you have the old title signed over to you?

Gotcha, makes sense thanks! Yes, I think I have all the docs. -- I hope.

Doh--I jumped the gun on this. I was chasing down why the oil light was staying on and found out the oil pump seized and that ate the drive gear. There are all kinds of metal fragments so goodness knows what else is lurking inside the case. Now I need to figure out how to get the cam cover off without causing more problems and hopefully with a minimum of disassembly... Thanks for helping though.