Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 xb12R Race Maps? PLZ Bike collecting Dust ECM: BUEOD

08 xb12R Race Maps? PLZ Bike collecting Dust ECM: BUEOD

Hi,
    To make a long story short, I used Buell Tooth to move some full maps into my ECM. Some how my file became corrupt. Bike won't start and when it does it backfires through the intake. A few posts and a little research i found other users with the same problem using Buell Tooth on this particular model ECM. Went ahead and purchased a dongle cable and downloaded ECM Spy. Everything hopefully to get me back on my bike except for a good Race map or maps for BUEOD type DDF13. If you got one, i'm hoping you can share. Get me out of the garage plz! hangpilotfc@gmail.com

Umm, no? I'll guess you just flooded it by turning the ignition on and off too many times without starting or warming it up. Theres a automatic spark plug cleaning procedure that DDFI-3 ECM's will do. It's in the service manual available at Buellmods.com or even the Buelltooth.com site you got the dongle from. It's for free.

A "Buelltooth" is a bluetooth dongle. Simply a wireless connection instead of using a wire. It is unable to "corrupt" anything.

ECMDroid is the program you use to swap fuel maps with a Buelltooth or any bluetooth dongle. It has a built in safety that won't let you install the wrong map firmware. So your ECM is not "corrupted" no matter how badly you didn't follow the instructions. You could have installed a map that doesn't match your mods though.

Put the stock map you saved (as per the instructions you read) back in with ECMDroid and what happens? If your ECM is truly corrupted somehow then that won't work, and neither will ECMSpy or any other program.

If you are unsure how to do this, I suggest you contact Tim at IDS for a pre-programmed ECM. It's super easy to swap and really hard to mess up.

good luck Let us know what you find.

Edit: I have had issues with BUEZD and BUEOD changing the AFV value when the ignition was cycled. Of course you set it to 100 (and did a TPS re-set) after loading the maps, right? What is the AFV now?
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-08-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Which is good but not in my case. Did not cycle the fuel pump multiple times, changed spark plugs, checked for intake leaks, AFV is at 100 and did a TPS reset. Still wont start with an occasion backfire through the intake. Ran into a post video from Lowkey with the same problem. Contacted him and he believed it was some mixed up values in his ECM. He downloaded a full map and fixed his problem. Same year and model. Also heard from some other members with the same issue. Not to sure where to go from here except to get a trusted race map or OEM map (mine got lost in cyber space smh) and use my ECM Droid And Bueltooth and try a full download again. Got ECM Spy but hear it was only good for up to the 07 model? I believe they use a different format. Either way i could use some help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you are unsure how to do this, I suggest you contact Tim at IDS for a pre-programmed ECM.
    I'm trying to. I really am.

I understand that Cooter. Your fix is to shell out the cash for a pre-programed Ecm. Got it! But I didn't purchase a Buelltooth or Dongle cable to do that. You imply that I and other users aren't up to accomplish moving maps with a Buelltooth that you say is bulletproof from loading corrupt or wrong files. Now my original post was asking if anyone had a race or original EEPROM file for a BUEOD ECM? Ill keep in mind a pre-programmed ECM. Till then I will keep cycling the fuel pump to flood it out!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frankxb View Post
    You imply that I and other users aren't up to accomplish moving maps with a Buelltooth that you say is bulletproof from loading corrupt or wrong files.

Hi, To make a long story short, I used Buell Tooth to move some full maps into my ECM. Some how my file became corrupt.

Cooter, do you have the contact info for IDS?

Did you save a copy of your ECM before you changed it?

Did but lost it when computer crashed.

I understand that Cooter. Your fix is to shell out the cash for a pre-programed Ecm.
    That is only ONE of the many solutions I gave you. Re-read post #2 please.

Got it! But I didn't purchase a Buelltooth or Dongle cable to do that.
    It is still not a cable, or a "Dongle cable". It is a wireless connection called a 'bluetooth dongle' and the brand is Buelltooth. It is important you are precise regarding ECM tuning or you could have difficulty doing even simple things like installing maps.

You imply that I and other users aren't up to accomplish moving maps with a Buelltooth that you say is bulletproof from loading corrupt or wrong files.
    No, in fact I encourage everyone to try it. It's very easy for most people. I have helped many people stuck with an inoperable bike "collecting dust in their garage".

I said it would not load the incorrect firmware (post #2). It will load whatever you tell it too, including a map "that doesn't match your mods though." (post #2) as long as the firmware is right. That is important.

Now my original post was asking if anyone had a race or original EEPROM file for a BUEOD ECM?
    Now you are messing with an ECM that you think is corrupted. You have opened a can of worms, there are now worms everywhere, and you want to just open a bigger can?

Referring back to post #2:
    "Put the stock map you saved (as per the instructions you read) back in with ECMDroid and what happens? If your ECM is truly corrupted somehow then that won't work, and neither will ECMSpy or any other program." If your current program is bad, this will tell you. If your ECM is "corrupted" the only solution is a new one (box and everything).

And where did you get the map? What does that source say when you asked them?

34:19: its IDSPD.com Tim is very helpful.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Did but lost it when computer crashed.
    You're killin' me Smalls!

(Sigh)........ Get a known stock map and put it in the questionable ECM. Using the same program, using the same dongle.

Post #2:
    "If your ECM is truly corrupted somehow then that won't work, and neither will ECMSpy or any other program."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast