Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump O-Ring information

Inactive

Fuel Pump O-Ring information

i'm seeing a fair amount of fuel pump issues lately as our beloved buells continue to age gracefully. several on-going discussions on this board as well. the removal/replacement/upgrade/cross-over scenarios have been well covered but there continues to be consistent questions regarding the O-rings. everything you can possibly need to know to source same.
    ALL XB MODEL FUEL PUMP FRAME TO PUMP MOUNTING O-RINGS
    1-factory part # is P0121.02A8 SUPERSEDED by same # with an A as suffix. the A means nothing. just a vendor tracer. both part numbers reference the same identical part. still available in unlimited dealer quantities as of 3-22-2017
    2-available thru many aftermarket suppliers such as OringsandMore.com IMPORTANT: any replacement ABSOLUTELY must be either nitrile or viton or it will leak like hell in short order.
    O-RING SIZE IS: 3 inches ID-------3/16th inches thickness. these are the 2 dimensions you will need to source any aftermarket replacements
    3-OringsandMore.com great source and priced right. their part # is 151V.
    4-i keep O-rings in stock. dealer retail is approx. $6.20 each.....my cost $3 each. if you get stuck PM me and i'll send you some.
    NOTE: each ring must be lightly coated with either recommended silicone O-ring lube or a light grease prior to assembly. and carefully tighten the bolts in sequence as to not crack the pump housing.
    hope this info helps.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 03-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Of coarse it helps !
    Big thanks to you John, for taking the time to post this info up.

I have one question, should these types of O rings be refrigerated ? I ask because I have noticed when storing rubber bands and some other none food things, they do last a lot longer than if just left out or put in a draw ?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Of coarse it helps !
    Big thanks to you John, for taking the time to post this info up.

I have one question, should these types of O rings be refrigerated ? I ask because I have noticed when storing rubber bands and some other none food things, they do last a lot longer than if just left out or put in a draw ?
    not that i'm aware of kenny. i'm sure they're UV sensitive but typically what i do with neoprene or nitrile or viton O-rings is keep them in small zip-lock plastic bags in a dedicated shop drawer. they stay fresh for years stowed away like that. at least that's my experience with them.

Just changed my fuel pump. I had the well documented ground wire rubbed down to the bare metal and grounded out causing a false low fuel light. Yep, Oringsandmore.com had the rings. I ordered extra and good thing I did since I somehow scratched the first set and the fuel pump leaked.
    Harder was finding fuel resistant heatshrink to fix the wire.

I changed out a 08 , it had a bad tea bag, rather than rebuild it I went all new, yes it was like $369.

pump2.jpg

Thats expensive tea!

Haha, I've never heard the sock be called a teabag before, but it makes sense!

When I fixed my fuel pump I changed the filters too. The thing you call a tea bag was much larger in the new filter I ordered, but still fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thats expensive tea!

Haha, I've never heard the sock be called a teabag before, but it makes sense!
    Yes, Buelltea is costly but soothing to the soul when ridden. Take as directed.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 03-24-2017 at 02:43 PM.

You can also get rebuild kits in various stages from Moto Enthusiasts

http://motoenthusiasts.bigcartel.com...fuel-pump-kits

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    i'm seeing a fair amount of fuel pump issues lately as our beloved buells continue to age gracefully. several on-going discussions on this board as well. the removal/replacement/upgrade/cross-over scenarios have been well covered but there continues to be consistent questions regarding the O-rings. everything you can possibly need to know to source same.
    ALL XB MODEL FUEL PUMP FRAME TO PUMP MOUNTING O-RINGS
    1-factory part # is P0121.02A8 SUPERSEDED by same # with an A as suffix. the A means nothing. just a vendor tracer. both part numbers reference the same identical part. still available in unlimited dealer quantities as of 3-22-2017
    2-available thru many aftermarket suppliers such as OringsandMore.com IMPORTANT: any replacement ABSOLUTELY must be either nitrile or viton or it will leak like hell in short order.
    O-RING SIZE IS: 3 inches ID-------3/16th inches thickness. these are the 2 dimensions you will need to source any aftermarket replacements
    3-OringsandMore.com great source and priced right. their part # is 151V.
    4-i keep O-rings in stock. dealer retail is approx. $6.20 each.....my cost $3 each. if you get stuck PM me and i'll send you some.
    NOTE: each ring must be lightly coated with either recommended silicone O-ring lube or a light grease prior to assembly. and carefully tighten the bolts in sequence as to not crack the pump housing.
    hope this info helps.
    thanks John!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast