Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noisy Brake Pads

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    My rear squeaks too with the ebc' s, but I chalked that up to me likely not bedding the rear as well as the front... stock rotors both ends.
    That was about my situation as well, but I bedded both the EBC and the OEM replacements about the same way. Yet the OEM replacement pads are silent. Maybe we got a bad batch of rear pads? How long ago did you get your EBCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Rear brakes..... rarely use it. Agreed ^^^^
    I'm a 70/30 brake user. By the book My MSS instructor would be so proud of me.

How long ago did you get your EBCs
    2 years ago if I had to guess? The chances of them being from the same production run even if we bought them the same time are pretty slim.. I can't imagine anything being "bad" about them causing them to squeak either. Just coincidence

I've got EBC pads on the rear of my 12Ss and when I replaced them I also replaced the rotor... because it was below min thickness. I used an EBC rotor as well, no noise, works good. Going to try Ferodo ST front brakes on the ZTL2 next, we'll see how that works.

Do that Mesozoic!: I've ridden both, but never back-to-back so it was hard to tell the difference. I just swapped to a ZTL2 on the STT and only did the caliper and OEM pads to see what happened. Hated it. Way too soft a lever. Couldn't even ride it.

So I upgraded to a 19mm 'radial' master cylinder from an EBR 1190 and remote reservoir. (I think the stock master for the stock ZTL2 is 19mm). WOW! what a difference! Very, Very happy.

I got the caliper with pads from SPHDonline.com brand new on sale for super cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    2 years ago if I had to guess? The chances of them being from the same production run even if we bought them the same time are pretty slim.. I can't imagine anything being "bad" about them causing them to squeak either. Just coincidence
    True lol. I got mine off Amazon about a year ago, roughly when I started this thread. For $60 I really wanted to make those rear EBCs work, but the screeching noise was unbearable. I am one of those people that has a visceral response from screeching noises like nails on a chalk board. Plus the fellas I ride with were not big fans either. So for me, I had to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Do that Mesozoic!: I've ridden both, but never back-to-back so it was hard to tell the difference. I just swapped to a ZTL2 on the STT and only did the caliper and OEM pads to see what happened. Hated it. Way too soft a lever. Couldn't even ride it.

So I upgraded to a 19mm 'radial' master cylinder from an EBR 1190 and remote reservoir. (I think the stock master for the stock ZTL2 is 19mm). WOW! what a difference! Very, Very happy.

I got the caliper with pads from SPHDonline.com brand new on sale for super cheap.
    I love the bite of my Front EBC pads. Combined with the Braking Wave rotor, it is a vast improvement over the softer stock set up. Even for street riding, they provide much more confidence and shorter stopping distances. On the rear, for street riding, IMO, the EBCs may have been a little overkill. Aside from mine screeching, they certainly bit harder then the stock pads and they could lock up the rear without much effort. The OEM pads are noticeably softer and require quite a bit more force from my foot before they lock up. Perhaps, a good thing in the rear?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12