Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot depress clutch lever while engine running

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    did you read what this guy posted? he's claiming that one loose primary cover attachment bolt might be the culprit. i can assure you and he that it is not. problem lies within the guidelines i provided to him.
    Yep something more than a loose cover bolt, I'm just being polite with the poster sir. Lets don't lose him and the conversation as there is something to learn for most of us here. I'm sure you already have it sorted in your mind, I'm not there yet Are we not entertained?
    Last edited by midway; 04-06-2017 at 03:05 PM.

I agree with those two. Please let us know what the outcome is.

Hi all
    Have not had a chance to get my tools so i can go through the guidelines given earlier in the thread. Hopefully at the weekend. Bike cant go anywhere. The loose bolt on the primary i saw while looking over the bike quickly. I have no idea if that is the entire problem or the cause or nothing to do with it, but that is all i know until i get my tools and can go through the guidelines.
    Thanks for all the help will report back!

I'm gonna guess the little lip on the inside of the primary cover that supports the ramp assembly is broken. This kinda sounds like how mine went when it broke. I was able to nurse it home but there's not much clearance in there and I can easily see how the assembly could bind in there. My 2 cents.

Wayne

Late home from work so i only had half an hour to investigate before it got dark.
    Took off the 3 screw derby cover and ......
    The spring in front of the ramp assembly (which works fine) is absent without leave, gone, missing in action, departed.
    The hex coupling nut was hanging on for dear life on the edge of the adjustment screw.
    So tomorrow i will set up a search and rescue for the missing spring and when found will check that lip on the primary as well just in case.

Again, really appreciate all the help.

Thanks for following up with more information. Hope there isn't too much damage, very Interesting issue.

Banned
    It looks like when you were putting the inspection cover back you did it inaccurately and the spring popped out and you had not noticed it. You have to attach the inspection cover carefully and hold it firmly against spring until you have tightened all screws.

Midway, it will be interesting to see what happened to the spring, hopefully its just lying at the bottom of the primary, or in the worse case.... well lets see what i find to tomorrow. Of course it could be that finding the spring and putting it back is still not the end of the story but i will keep updating this thread till the bike is running again.

TPEHAK: yes very likely, i remember rushing that bit but dont remember why

Quote Originally Posted by tazwolf View Post
    Rode it this weekend and all was fine
    I don't see how you were able to ride it for a time if the spring isn't there. Lunatic is going to come back in here any minute and drop the hammer if we don't start making sense

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast