Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Well, it didn't work with the MV so... neener neener. But seriously, come on over and ride it!

That looks like a fun muscle cruiser, did you look at the FatBoy? I'd still rock a Sporty too! A regular 1200 with forwards and a satchel would be great for around town!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Well, it didn't work with the MV so... neener neener.
    Its easy to put the MV out of sight-out of mind when I never see them until you post something about it, then I get all riled up again.

This. Is. All. Your. Fault.

I really dig your new bike. I can think of a million reasons not to get one, but I cant look away. Keep the pics and story of yours and Bubbles adventure coming!

enough about the sharknose, how about that Manx!? Does it run on propane?

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    enough about the sharknose, how about that Manx!? Does it run on propane?
    Propane? No? but I guess it could. It's not mine but a project I'm finishing. A Manx(ter) so a full size VW pan, a-arm Fox coil over suspension and disk brakes on all 4 corners, 285HP Subaru flat 6, Mendeola 5-speed. I scaled it at 1950lbs so you could say its fast The flat plane crank and pair of motorcycle mufflers makes it scream like a Lamborghini I just got it tuned so it's a dang rocket now.

Did you see the other fancy Manx at the very uppity Quail in Monterey?
    https://newatlas.com/automotive/quai...athering-2021/

Check out picture #14. Wonder if that was the very first Manx, just to earn that podium spot. 69 pics of some other very drool-worthy toys.

Wow Endo, thats a wormhole! Like the first time I picked up a Robb Report

Nice bike but I can't stand to look at it with those handle bars. At your height It should fit you very well. What did you do about the stripped out oil plug hole ?

Ya NJ, the bars are terrible and rubber mounted so they don't steer very well either I'll never understand the form-over-function thing when it comes to motorcycles. Gonna grab a stock set of bars ASAP.

Aaron graciously sent me a timesert kit to repair it. Should be better than new! and I have an appt to get the MV service bulletin done on sept 1 so I'll be back to having all the bikes sorted soon

Got the MV back from service! Nice to have it back. Neat dealer too, they sell Moto Guzzi, Aprillia, Ducati, MV Agusta, Energica, and absolutely love the trash heap of Josephine Dirté the El Camino. Pretty funny to drop off the bike in it, the definition of beauty and the beast with it in the bed I haven't had a chance to go over their work (I have trust issues), but confidence is high!

The timesert went in without issue, THANKS A-Aron! Better than new. Literally. I honestly believe every Bueller should do it and I will start a thread offering to ship it to anyone that wants to do the job, just pay for the one insert/shipping. A little care and 15 mins and you will be rewarded with a stronger than stock, lifetime upgrade

So good to have my babies back

Shopping for a set of stock Road glide bars, these "Tee" things are miserable. I'm learning a lot about the BIG HD's. Simply replacing the bars is a pain. Internal wiring, stand offs, what size is what? What fits what? What years? Even buying new grips is a pain. And oddly expensive.

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast