Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

My hose did not like gas, took off plugged the hole with JBW ,tank is vented to the charcoal canister which is now vented out of the air box .

gas tube005.jpg gas tube010.jpg IMG_1168.jpg

Gentlemen,
    I'm looking hard into an EBR and I've been reading through posts here, on the EBR forum, and just about any facebook group that I can get my hands on. I understand that when you migrate a few people into a group together, 1/10 posts will be problem related, and while it seems high, it still represents a very small portion bikes on the road.

I love the specs from what I've read and it seems like it may be for me. I don't do track days and I don't ride terribly hard, but I'd like something that is light, power heavy, and has an intuitive feel to it. Does an EBR sound like the bike for me? I currently own an 1125CR and a XB12S, so I'm not a complete novice when it comes to Buell, but I'm curious if an 1190 is essentially a more refined 1125. Also, what is a good price for one? I'm not bothered by driving a decent distance to snag one.

Thank you for all of your wealth and knowledge, even if you didn't know that a lot of people read your posts and are pleased with your findings.

If you like your 1125CR and want it to be a little better in every way, including a LOT more power, I'd say go for it

The 1125's like yours have their 'problems' too, right? None of them major, and none of them terribly expensive to fix. Same with the 1190's. People assume that if their one bike had an issue every bike will have that issue and that's just not true. MY 2014 #24 has been a champ, and I beat that poor girl every chance I get.

EBR facebook poster: 'Boo Hoo, feel bad for me, I need to buy a $350 dash for a $20,000 bike (that I only paid $10K for... brand new)'.

Try paying $20K for a Ducati and having the same problem. Now add a zero to the cost of the parts, and wait 4 weeks to fix it.... The EBR is a win every time, and new parts are easy to get.

As far as their current cost, I'd happily pay $9K for a fresh EBR. PM Optomist, his is for sale

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Belljm View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I'm looking hard into an EBR and I've been reading through posts here, on the EBR forum, and just about any facebook group that I can get my hands on. I understand that when you migrate a few people into a group together, 1/10 posts will be problem related, and while it seems high, it still represents a very small portion bikes on the road.

I love the specs from what I've read and it seems like it may be for me. I don't do track days and I don't ride terribly hard, but I'd like something that is light, power heavy, and has an intuitive feel to it. Does an EBR sound like the bike for me? I currently own an 1125CR and a XB12S, so I'm not a complete novice when it comes to Buell, but I'm curious if an 1190 is essentially a more refined 1125. Also, what is a good price for one? I'm not bothered by driving a decent distance to snag one.

Thank you for all of your wealth and knowledge, even if you didn't know that a lot of people read your posts and are pleased with your findings.
    EBR have many problems and typical for American-made motorcycles with exception of Polaris and XR1200 which are decent but not nearly as well engineered as Suzuki Savage or Kawasaki SunLite.
    EBR suffer from Condensation in speedometer cluster... white dust in headlight.... throttle bodies coming off of the intake tracts... comms error with speedo from bad solder joints.... coolant tank tabs break.... header cracks for no apparent reason...valve adjustments unnecessarily low mileage and impossible for home mechanic to perform. Cannot Recommend EBR. Cannot recommend inferior parts and build quality. And I will not.
    Honda motorcycles all superior build quality and can recommend along with Kawasaki and Suzuki motorcycles.
    BMW motorcycles the finest in the world and vastly superior to all American and Asian Hyosung motorcycles also. but BMW not affordable by board members on this forum who are the types that buy $1900 garbage from CraigsList then expect BMW quality and superiority. Qianjiang and Lifan and JialingTang superior to all Buell but fasteners need properly torqued.

TEABAG

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    EBR have many problems and typical for American-made motorcycles with exception of Polaris and XR1200 which are decent but not nearly as well engineered as Suzuki Savage or Kawasaki SunLite.
    EBR suffer from Condensation in speedometer cluster... white dust in headlight.... throttle bodies coming off of the intake tracts... comms error with speedo from bad solder joints.... coolant tank tabs break.... header cracks for no apparent reason...valve adjustments unnecessarily low mileage and impossible for home mechanic to perform. Cannot Recommend EBR. Cannot recommend inferior parts and build quality. And I will not.
    Honda motorcycles all superior build quality and can recommend along with Kawasaki and Suzuki motorcycles.
    BMW motorcycles the finest in the world and vastly superior to all American and Asian Hyosung motorcycles also. but BMW not affordable by board members on this forum who are the types that buy $1900 garbage from CraigsList then expect BMW quality and superiority. Qianjiang and Lifan and JialingTang superior to all Buell but fasteners need properly torqued.

TEABAG
    Did you say Tea bag on a BMW tea bagging it for sure. ???
    72212317_10215141231341257_3987134654749605888_n.jpg

Wtf? Boots and no gloves. Sorry I’m rather attached to my hands. Well and maybe a textile CE rated condom…jic

I'd have this shipped to me in a heartbeat if I was looking for another one...

https://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?...lorado-Springs

Thanks Cooter,
    I've been looking at this one also.

I appreciate the heads up.

$6900 with 3300 miles and in BLUE!? I'd be sending him his asking price and getting shipping quotes, or planning a trip across the border

You won't regert it

I couldn't resist a little splurge since the EBR is re-built and ready for the track again!
    EBR branded canyon dancer
    IMG_8799.jpg
    And hookless ratchet straps
    IMG_8800.jpg

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast