Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Got some frame stiffening mounted. I'll cut out the center of the crossmember for driveshaft clearance later. I just needed it to be perfectly straight and as a stiffener while all this heat is getting put in the frame.

As the French say... Walla!
    Dropped the center for driveshaft clearance, welded the top side of all the bracing, and got the trailing arm pivot tabs knocked out:

and since all of the braking/accelerating/articulating forces from the tire act on these two bolts, I felt stiffening tubes were a good idea. #OverkillCooter

And then made some plates too. I get 5 free HP for every cool-guy hole I put in a bracket I LOVE my set of Blair Rota-Broaches.

Time to play with tranny's!

The trans crossmember needs to be removable of course, but I really wanted it to help stiffen these notoriously wobbly frames. I found a couple of these roll-cage knuckles in a dusty bin for the win!

Sleeved it with some 1.75 (.125) HREW, fish mouthed both ends and "walla" again!

The cardboard tube is my driveshaft But I'll replace it with a metal one for BBC torque, haha.

Having full exhaust is going to be a bloody nightmare. I had the BBC built for a decent shot of naaaawse I never used, so I know it will take some boost. Ya think I can justify using a turbo as a muffler and have straight exhaust? Worms....

Two small turbos would help routing. BIG can of worms..

Maybe thats why I just stare at the dang thing sometimes Late night caffeine and Static-X turned up tp 11 are good for progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Having full exhaust is going to be a bloody nightmare. I had the BBC built for a decent shot of naaaawse I never used, so I know it will take some boost. Ya think I can justify using a turbo as a muffler and have straight exhaust? Worms....

Two small turbos would help routing. BIG can of worms..

Maybe thats why I just stare at the dang thing sometimes Late night caffeine and Static-X turned up tp 11 are good for progress.
    See you do some great stuff when you are grounded, stay home more often , WOW!!!!

Thanks buddy I just want this DONE! It's my only car. I only got the ElCo because this one took too long...
    Then the ElCo needed more work to be safe, then the wreck, then the track day mods, it's been a huge distraction so it's time to get Marylin back to converting dinosaur bones into horsepowa!

Nice work, she'll handle much better when your done.
    I just finish up doing Cross member support work on my truck but a friend did the welding, due to rust I could crush the old cross members with my hands. I got lucky that only two had to be replaced, the others are well coated now so they should last.

IMG_20171007_111916.jpg

I'm working on the front bumper now as it is also rusting.

I am SO happy I don't have to deal with rust out here!

Check out the turbo setup on this.

https://youtu.be/ZkUOz-P2mxk

If you watch the full series it’s a Chevy 454SS vs Ford Lightning build off. Lightning’s were cool, but the 454SS was my favorite.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-10-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast