Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

I'd love to finish that story! been distracted for too long now You came to save the day!!!
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-20-2017 at 03:39 AM.

So I had some visitors from Florida and Texas come to visit. They rented a Triumph Tiger 800 from eagle rider, borrowed my STT, and I rode the SX. We swapped bikes a bit and I got to show them 350 miles of California twisties that day, made good on my standing Bueller beer promise, and on the way to see their first west coast sunset we spied the funniest thing!

In my very, very, small town, less than 3 blocks from my house is a good bar (go figure) and right out front was one of the only 404 EBR SX's ever made. Not only that, it was white like mine! (167 made). If I wasn't riding mine, I'd have had a heart attack. He actually lives in this tiny town too. Odds anyone? I have not seen another EBR in the LA area. Ever.

FYI Eagle Rider doesn't care if you low side a Triumph, scrape up the plastics, tear off the mirror, smash a turn signal, and rip the passenger pegs and bag brackets right off the frame. Didn't even bat an eye
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-20-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Heck Coot, I have never seen another 1190rx like mine. How long were you in that bar for anyway? Just kidding but they are pretty rare.

Not so much about saving the day but it is the "Code" that we live by. Don't leave a buddy stranded

FYI Eagle Rider doesn't care if you low side a Triumph, scrape up the plastics, tear off the mirror, smash a turn signal, and rip the passenger pegs and bag brackets right off the frame. Didn't even bat an eye
    not sure they'll appreciate you advertising that lol!

I rent cars all the time and it usually has to be an SUV so when they ask about insurance, I'm like "Hell ya! for SURE! that covers everything right? Like... EVERYTHING?!? What about drugs? does it cover drugs? off roading is covered too, right? sweet!!"
    I get mixed reactions

and to add to my rambling pointless thread:
    https://rideapart.com/articles/12-hi...ue-motorcycles

I've been posting a lot for the last 2 days because I'm sick and stuck at home, so I don't infect the innocent

and apparently I'm whiny too. lol.

This post will make me gear up and go straddle a bike. No idea where I'll end up today

Got a chance to play with the SX today and did some simple upgrades.

I finally found a good place to put the Shorai battery charger plug. I hate when they just hang out the bottom of a bike. Looks like a horse taking a piss
    I just safety wired the plug to the inside of the relocated plate bracket. easy!

I also added some fat grips for my Sasquatch hands. I haven't ridden it yet, but considering I notice how hard the stock pencil grips are to hang onto I bet I like them

Also finally got the RX taller windscreen for the Hotbodies RX plastics too! It's nice I have the upper triple, and am waiting to hear back about the RX upper fairing bracket. I think thats all I need to convert it to an RX track bike

I might need the fairing supports for the sides, and I'm unsure if the SX muffler brackets are the same to be able to mount the underbelly? I'll make what I can, but they seem cheap enough.
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-16-2018 at 12:26 AM.

I like that plug location! I have the same tidy tail so I'm totally stealing that!

I'll expect my royalty check for .00000004¢ in the mail

The wire is just long enough to route cleanly. Sadly I wish I didn't need it at all but still have that darn draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Got a chance to play with the SX today and did some simple upgrades.

I finally found a good place to put the Shorai battery charger plug. I hate when they just hang out the bottom of a bike. Looks like a horse taking a piss
    I just safety wired the plug to the inside of the relocated plate bracket. easy!

I also added some fat grips for my Sasquatch hands. I haven't ridden it yet, but considering I notice how hard the stock pencil grips are to hang onto I bet I like them

Also finally got the RX taller windscreen for the Hotbodies RX plastics too! It's nice I have the upper triple, and am waiting to hear back about the RX upper fairing bracket. I think thats all I need to convert it to an RX track bike

I might need the fairing supports for the sides, and I'm unsure if the SX muffler brackets are the same to be able to mount the underbelly? I'll make what I can, but they seem cheap enough.
    Did you say Sasquatch ?? I let him take her for a short Blast! Like I had a choice. LOL
    Big foot6.jpg

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast