Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

What.

Have I...

DONE!

But ya. Look at her. Just LOOK at her.

It's the kind of girl where you rearrange everything in the house rto the bottom shelf because... well. LOOK!

You and those MV Agustas. Nice ride!

To be honest, I've missed my "Italian Girlfriend" first-gen Brutalé 800 since the day I sold it. Don't confuse that with sellers remorse, she was a low-mile beauty that I doubled my money on, but the sweet song of 3 Italian pistons at redline has been haunting the spaces of my dreams between Charlize Theron and Halle Berry.

Well hell, ya won't find it if ya ain't lookin' and it's my fault for typing MV Agusta into the search engine. After seeing what was out there nationwide, this one popped up on FaceBook (thanks Bubbles!) the right one, the right price, and only in K-town Los Angeles! 25 miles (1 hour LA time) away! It let me dissolve the dreams of the Dragster RR with them sexy sexy sexy spoke wheels (for now). It was the original owners daily, and man it is FILTHY but otherwise fully serviced with well kept records from new.

Being a current-gen bike, it has all the tricks that a tech-phobic analog guy like me is a frankly little afraid of. The quickshifter is nice, but the auto-blip for down shifts is crazy cool, both are tuned to perfection with the throttle by-wire, the power mode thingys are programmable and as much as I'm anti-anti-lock for the track, it really is a comfort for a street driven ride. It's got 'only' a 125hp tune in it, but just like the last one they are just so damn LIGHT that forget WOT in first, second, or half-way through third unless "dank nooners" is in your vocabulary. She's got a new set of Rosso III's on and I'll be the first to use the outside 2 INCHES of tire tread, LOL.

I'll spend tomorrow adjusting the controls and setting the suspension a good starting point, then dive down the wormhole to see the inevitable Italian "quirks" for this gen, and upload the service manual to see whats coming up. So far theres a weird clutch grabby thing when leaving hard, and on this baby you better get hard and stay hard lol

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 9.27.40 PM.png

Thats me and 34:19. I'm the badass.
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-08-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Oh mah gawd.

I swear I'll try not to make this an MV Agusta Brutalé 800 triple thread. But I do still love my prison shank of an EBR, and give it the respect it deserves because I know it will kill me if I put a hand wrong on it.

I just got back from doing some mountainous laps up in the 'Bu and Holy Hell, this MV is a decel gurgling, quickshift popping, lightning quick, super light, wheelie machine. They added about an inch of wheelbase since the last model and relaxed the rake just a tad but you wouldn't know it. It is so happy grinding from one peg to the other as I continue to build confidence to clutchless up and downshift on the edge of the tire.

Got the clutch grabbing thing worked out, for free I took the clutch out (seriously a less than 5 minute job #racebikes) and went fairly far down the internet wormhole. Dang it looks NEW, like really new I found the anti-judder spring was put in backwards (the way the manual shows, but it's wrong) letting the sharp outside edge of the spring lay on the clutch steel instead of the steel ring thats in there to do that job. Seems like even the "MV authorized dealer' can get caught up in this small mistake in the manual, with people complaining of this issue arising after a dealer clutch service. Either way, a double check and a dash of common sense later... this little rocket leaves the line at any speed without clutch drama. WIN!

Lets see, whats next? The front brakes were "just serviced" and the pads look new, but swapping new pads is NOT a "brake service". I doubt they were bedded and the lever returns a little slow. It even seems to pump-up a little so there could be a tiny bit of air in there. I'll flush with new DOT4 and re-bed them to see if I can get any more initial bite. It's pretty dang good right now, but I'm used to the EPFA pads on the EBR now so the more bite the better!

And man she needs a wash. I already spent a couple hours with a rag and a toothbrush but now it's time to attack the brake dust on the wheels. WHO treats a beauty this way!? Ugh, I hate this part. Once they are clean, they'll stay that way but I have a date with some polish, a few hours, and a 6-pack once the single sided paddock stand gets here from Italy so I can take off the wheels. I regret giving my last one to the guy that bought the old MV but hey, I'm a giver, lol.

I love this little spot at the top of Topanga. It's an amazing one way road that drops all the way down to the pacific ocean. Apex!

and no, I'm not telling you where it is

That's pretty sweet.

So I would bet everyone else probably already knows this, but I just found out today that Buell is back. Once the SX comes back into production I'll see if I can afford to purchase one new.

LMFAO yup I shocked myself with my ignorance as well!

According to the website, there is a 2021 Buell 1190sx available, so what are you waiting for?

They bought the name almost a year ago, and the Buell stickers that go over the EBR lettering has been done for awhile. The company owners are the same, they just bought the name from Harley.

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast