Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Very impressive SR! Whats the power on that bad boy? I swear that squat bug catcher alcohol intake with short zoomies is the perfect look for an engine ALL business...
    I have No idea ! , Its not mine the guy that did the 70ss engine build it and it is for sell for 17.5 K
    BBC 572ci race motor, professionally built by Dave Performance Engines Fresno, Ca. AFR Alum Heads, Enderle Bird Catcher Hat/80A fuel pump, new Dart Big M block, Manley Rotating Assembly, and much more.. $21K invested, will sell all components individually. Call Dennis [hidden information]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6336246299907/

I would seriously just yank the hood off whatever poor victim automobile I had available and drop that bad boy right in there... AS-IS. Goggles on, and rock that thing to the horizon.

Been having a tough time getting motivated even with all this rare free time, and even though I need to flip the '57 frame over and finish welding it, I really really miss the EBR.
    All the damn track days were cancelled and out of the 3 we committed to (paid for, ) 1 is still cancelled and the other two are, let say... optimistic. With nothing in the foreseeable future to straddle that bad bitch, I had to make a move

I figured I could slap in a single Firebolt headlight and rock it, but making it semi-street legal has been more fun than that. I decided the signature piece of that bike is it's stock headlight so let the chopping begin! Then there was the hashed "High-side Cooter" track plastics. Next thing ya know! I found a stash of spray paint.
    083DCBC7-FEBB-4940-993C-040255ADE97B_1_201_a.jpg

01445E4A-45A7-4D98-870E-01D131D3900A.jpg
    I went with a Millennium-Falcon-just-finished-the-Kessel-run-in-Wisconsin- 'Murica- Mo-Fo...

Did I nail it?

Good from far... but far from good I'm no Buelly Bagger I could wet-sand the clear but it's just spray paint and I'll just end up sliding this poor beauty into the dirt soon enough.
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-17-2020 at 05:52 AM.

The streaky star thing I tried works! I painted a Rustoleum 'aluminum' base, streaked brush marks in it with sandpaper, then cut out masking tape stars, put a layer of metallic blue I found, rashed the stars with 120 grit streaks then clear coated the whole thing. Only 2 beers were involved
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-19-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Been having a tough time getting motivated even with all this rare free time, and even though I need to flip the '57 frame over and finish welding it, I really really miss the EBR.
    All the damn track days were cancelled and out of the 3 we committed to (paid for, ) 1 is still cancelled and the other two are, let say... optimistic. With nothing in the foreseeable future to straddle that bad bitch, I had to make a move

I figured I could slap in a single Firebolt headlight and rock it, but making it semi-street legal has been more fun than that. I decided the signature piece of that bike is it's stock headlight so let the chopping begin! Then there was the hashed "High-side Cooter" track plastics. Next thing ya know! I found a stash of spray paint.
    083DCBC7-FEBB-4940-993C-040255ADE97B_1_201_a.jpg

01445E4A-45A7-4D98-870E-01D131D3900A.jpg
    I went with a Millennium-Falcon-just-finished-the-Kessel-run-in-Wisconsin- 'Murica- Mo-Fo...

Did I nail it?

Good from far... but far from good I'm no Buelly Bagger I could wet-sand the clear but it's just spray paint and I'll just end up sliding this poor beauty into the dirt soon enough.
    Dam son.....looks pretty amazing.

Thanks! But I just boiled off all the paint on the lower fairing on my street test-ride

I put the stock muffler on because Cali is cracking down on loud exhaust. It's not like they have anything else they could be spending their attention on right!?!
    Anyway... I thought it had enough room down there for the whole stock muffler, but no....

So I'll be adding that gold foil heat shield and re-painting the bottom. I believe high-temp silver BBQ paint is a close match! I have some left from the El Camino so we all will find out together

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I dont think a 70 SS offered a 427, only a 396/402 or a 454.

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/c...-options-1970/
    You are correct as usual Silver. Man it's been a long time. When I was posting I had a nagging feeling but honestly couldn't remember the 396 In HS one of my buddies had a built 327 or 302 in his camaro. We had a few showdowns in those cars. Another friend had a 427 in his camaro. Those were good times.

Great work Cooter! I think the guy that drives the motivation truck in my hood is on lock down. He's been AOL for some time and I can' seem to get motivated to do anything....... (that my wife wants me to do)

Failures and lessons: Green for the moneys, Gold for the Hunnys
    678199DF-73AD-43DC-A899-591A1A1446FB.jpg

Converting the SX to an RX with the Hotbodies race plastic was straightforward enough, but the differences in the dimensions has been obvious. They're fine for a track bike as is their purpose, but the stock muffler doesn't fit in the belly pan I really like my APH RACE muffler, but I'd like to still ride it on the street and Cali's latest attempt at revenue building is attacking loud mufflers (80dB???). I also like having the solid pan as a just-in-case to not soak the rear in fluid if that day ever comes

Ok then, I'll but $120 worth of different types of heat shielding so the 'glass pan doesn't burn up with the giant stock muffler touching it. I covered the muffler body and belly pan. The belly pan even got a sandwich of gold foil, thicker silver webbed stuff, and a top layer of gold.

#1 The 800* chinese stuff is exactly what you think. Garbage. 800* film burned completely out and falling off at >300* in less than 2 minutes. Pathetic.

#2 DEI 800* Gold. Pimp, extra shiney, the film and adhesive held up to the mufflers temp, but FAILED at the shielding job of being a heat shield. Literally NO difference in temp from the side of the muffler and the gold foil. Am I missing something?

#3 2000* Thermo-Tec Slightly thicker white webbing with a sliver backing did a decent job I could actually measure, but not good enough where the muffler actually touches the fiberglass. With a small amount of clearance, I think it would be do-able. But I don't have that luxury

478B3287-3333-4318-B161-7E6F45F2631A.jpg

Any ideas?

I'm not sure I have room to wrap it with actual thick muffler tape. I'm looking for a blanket rated at 3000* but doesn't that seem excessive??

Try some rev-sil silica fire blanket have used it at Naval ship yards Nukes and refineries for safety but rapped the burned out exhaust pipe on my 1968 Hyster six years ago and it started leaking about two weeks ago. Great product just put 2 layers , safety wire or tie wire works great to hold it on. You have my number if you can not find some

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast