Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

34:19 I'm sure I would have not lost it without the slider hitting. Theres was no sign of loss of traction and I wasn't on the gas yet. The next thing to hit is the spring loaded peg, and after that you're off the edge of the tire. But I WILL be checking clearance of all that aftermarket stuff from now on!

Thanks Opto We had some fun for sure. I've been doing a little shopping and register-able frames aint cheap I don't think it's worth scrapping mine, but I haven't really had a chance to check it closely...
    No luck selling yours??

You're the BEST SR

I messaged that guy about the 'blank VIN that can be "upgraded" for a re-frame...' and haven't got an answer back.

Jeez, Cooter, you are scaring me with the high speed wreck. Glad you were able to walk away from it but the Adrenalin rush must have been extreme. Tell us how stiff and sore you are after that.

No luck on selling my EBR--a few nibbles but the numbers don't work for most.

Something off about the Ebay frame deal but what do I know.

Opto,

Shaugh what's wrong with the frame?????? If you are unsure about the frame have GMD Computrack look it over, I highly doubt it took and stress. My gsxr flipped the "wrong way" three times on my last get off and even my subframe wasn't twisted. Glad you're ok btw. You'll be fine next time through that sector after a few laps, remember you been through that sector a 1000 times and only got off once. Don't let it haunt you, go back and attack!

that's the only cure.

I'm really ok, Haven't you all noticed how hard my head is!?! HAHAHA
    It was not scary at all, didn't even get the shakes from adrenalin and I got away with not even a bruise or a scrape (My guardian angel is a superstar BTW). I'm totally ready to get back to the track!

I think the frame is straight, I'm a little concerned the double wall fuel cell may be cracked internally? It's a pretty big dent If I can get away with a properly VIN'd new frame for less than $700 I'll do it.

I had a really close call splitting lanes on the 405 a couple months back, touching 2 trucks with both mirrors at the same time and I won't lie... that **** got to me.

Mirrors to me, are like springy foot pegs, that's your warning when splitting lanes !

They're short bar end mirrors I was passing at about 60mph with traffic just increasing to 55 and I was looking for a spot to settle in, when Mrs. I-dropped-my-phone came left across the car pool double-double yellow and would have side swiped the other SUV with me being the Red Jam in that sandwich. I didn't even have time to look at either of them.

I am so lucky the person to my left was on their game and instantly jerked left to hug the K-rail. A Fist full of throttle shot me forward and 'hopefully' woke that SOB up. UGH.

Cooter and all,

Speaking of lane splitting--I think CA is the only state that permits it. When I do it here in WA people get really choked--too bad. Anyway, a couple of things. Driving in CA, on a bike, reduces any normal guy to an adrenalin-junky in a big hurry. Pull ahead on all the stop lights, get through the congestion lickity split. The CHP say's, and I asked, "Lane splitting is to not exceed 35 mph and no shoulder driving". HA Ha on that as I have seen guys lane splitting at 70+.

It is really fun with saddle bags or panniers--and so the sedate, cautious drivers(Cooter can verify) like me, soon become teenagers taking big risks.

Most drivers will move a bit to give you a few inches of extra room, even big rigs. Of course there is always the odd dork that will put the squeeze on you--extreme jealousy and truly f--d up.

Unforeseen hazards pop up if you are from another state. For example, I nearly got rear ended by another bike while lane splitting.

What a show! And yes, a good idea to wear your leathers.

Opto

Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast