Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

John - All of your bikes are amazing. You have a keen eye and all of your bikes are beautifully maintained and cared for.

Hey John, definitely report on any XR rides and fun you have with it. They are the bastard child of H-D and therefore welcome in my thread

I hope everyone sits down with multiple friends/family today and enjoys--do not forget to all burn your masks while you are at it.

NJ-- you have not heard the last of me, I will stop by. Sorry do not have the tail section, just the ECM, Belt and Windscreen.
    Any takers?

Barrett--same question--what are you running for tires on your XR1200's?

My only wild bike trip plan this Winter is to load my bike in the Pickup and head down to CA or coastal S Oregon and ride from there. Just too raw in the PNW for several months.

I rarely see any HD riders at all, they occasionally wave--most of them stay home if it is wet anyway.

Best of Luck to all

Opto

Hey Opto, swing by Pacifica if you come down the coast by SF. If you're bringing along the Ulysses, you may just convince me to take it off your hands

EndoP,

I tried to sell the Uly and the EBR multiple times on this site. No takers. I traded them both in on the XR1200. Yes H-D beat me up somewhat, on the other hand they paid off the note on the EBR and did not scrutinize the two bikes very much.
    Plus they made it happen in two hours, plus the local H-D shop is staffed with several handsome females as well as decent sales guys. Heck, I even got a free HD T-shirt.

I will visit if I am in the region--looks like January all things considered. I prefer bourbon to beer and I am still trying to give away the Uly ECM, windshield and spare belt.

Opto

Alright Opto, I'll have some Maker's waiting for you if you show up!

Sounds good to me Endo. Maybe we can ride down to Whale City in Davenport for lunch while I am in the neighborhood.

Cooter might be talked into a run up from SmellA--he likes bourbon as well. January looks open for me--just have to hope things return to Normal.

That'd be great. I know the Whale City Diner well, as it's right next to some of my favorite kitesurfing spots.
    Sounds like a nice long road trip for a Pacific NW snowbird.

Now we just need to drag 34:19 and Barrett along, and we'll have a righteous Buell ho-down!

Endo,

Now that Kitesurfing looks to be one of the most difficult of all sports so kudos to you. So you are one of those guys that magically appear when the winds whip up and the water is rough and there you are out there!

A few years ago I tried with zero success to organize a buell meet out at Faywood Hot Springs, NM, but that bombed. I even offered to provide the steaks and cook them.

34 could probably make it as he lives in the hills above Santa Cruz. His bike is all in pieces at the moment. Barrett lives in PA so we would have to dig up a ride for him. Cooter--just a weekend jog for him. We shall see how the next few weeks unfold.

Opto

Nope. 34 lives in Phoenix. Cooter is at buttonwillow.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast