Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

How long before that happened, I have had my bike over a year and about 800 miles. Curious when the symptoms show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Well ?? how did the ride go ? With the the old $$$ bags ?? Did you show them what a EBR can do with a skilled rider at the bars ?
    I spent a week in AZ and rushed back for that Saturday AM ride... It rained a tiny little bit and scared everyone home

Quote Originally Posted by 1125RBlaster View Post
    How long before that happened, I have had my bike over a year and about 800 miles. Curious when the symptoms show up.
    I have had my bike about 3 months its a 2015 SX, The first time was when I had 1000 miles on it didn't care much, just did it again last nite with 1100 miles on it. Had to fix it I did not want stuck some were far from home.

Shaver lake02.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I spent a week in AZ and rushed back for that Saturday AM ride... It rained a tiny little bit and scared everyone home
    Really, That says a lot !

I guess Ducati's don't like to get wet (snicker.......).

I guess Ducati's don't like to get wet (snicker.......).
    I bet they were scared of the EBR not the rain.00T0T_1jO9QkYSBV4_1200x900.jpg

I got my chance to meet up with the Bimmer guys on the SX this morning at 7am. About 12 guys total met at the bottom of Angeles Crest Hwy (2). A buddy took me there and I ended up knowing 2 more guys after the intros! A couple Ducky Multistradas, a couple Bimmer S1000r's, a couple R1 Yamahas, a sweet R9T café, and 2 GS650's. Everyone liked the SX and 3 of the guys had Firebolts or Xb's in the past and had good things to say about them. I got lucky to fall in right behind the front guy on an R1 who knows Angeles Crest very well. Following him made me look gooood
    IMG_0539.jpg

He set a really fast peg dragging pace, but since he knew the road I could pace him easily and just hammer the throttle out of the corner if it was a long sweeper and his speed was still up. By the time we got to Newcombs Ranch for coffee we had separated from the pack a bit and were having a BALL!
    IMG_0537.jpg

Breakfast at the Rock Inn, not many cars to deal with (a first) and a beautiful day! Filled up the tank and went another 130 miles criss crossing around Fraizer Park, Elisabeth Lake, down into the Santa Clarita Valley where I broke off to see a friend. The way back was less fun but I did detour through Topanga Cyn. and down PCH
    IMG_0541.jpg

I think I did a good job of representing EBR, a couple guys said they haden't even seen one in person. Wow. Are they out of touch? Or are we? Lol.

IMG_0542.jpg

I ride alone a lot, so I don't flog the bike that hard usually. I'll corner fast, but usually just hold speed 'till the next one. It was really fun to keep the rev's up and have an excuse to time corner exit throttle up. WOW, above 7K and this is a whole different bike!! Sure, it pulls from idle like a Buell, but once the rpm are up... daymmm. The response is unreal and theres even MORE power there (gulp)!

I noticed the dash screen has little checks in it? You can't really see them with the dash on but when it's off, and the sun's on it? Anyone else see this?

Still haven't looked for the draw or battery drain yet....

I got my chance to meet up with the Bimmer guys on the SX this morning at 7am. About 12 guys total met at the bottom of Angeles Crest Hwy (2). A buddy took me there and I ended up knowing 2 more guys after the intros! A couple Ducky Multistradas, a couple Bimmer S1000r's, a couple R1 Yamahas, a sweet R9T café, and 2 GS650's. Everyone liked the SX and 3 of the guys had Firebolts or Xb's in the past and had good things to say about them. I got lucky to fall in right behind the front guy on an R1 who knows Angeles Crest very well. Following him made me look gooood
    IMG_0539.jpg

He set a really fast peg dragging pace, but since he knew the road I could pace him easily and just hammer the throttle out of the corner if it was a long sweeper and his speed was still up. By the time we got to Newcombs Ranch for coffee we had separated from the pack a bit and were having a BALL!
    IMG_0537.jpg

Breakfast at the Rock Inn, not many cars to deal with (a first) and a beautiful day! Filled up the tank and went another 130 miles criss crossing around Fraizer Park, Elisabeth Lake, down into the Santa Clarita Valley where I broke off to see a friend. The way back was less fun but I did detour through Topanga Cyn. and down PCH
    IMG_0541.jpg

I think I did a good job of representing EBR, a couple guys said they haden't even seen one in person. Wow. Are they out of touch? Or are we? Lol.

IMG_0542.jpg

I ride alone a lot, so I don't flog the bike that hard usually. I'll corner fast, but usually just hold speed 'till the next one. It was really fun to keep the rev's up and have an excuse to time corner exit throttle up. WOW, above 7K and this is a whole different bike!! Sure, it pulls from idle like a Buell, but once the rpm are up... daymmm. The response is unreal and theres even MORE power there (gulp)!
    Sounds like you had a good time. I also went for a ride up 168 to Hunting lake hooked up with a gixxer 1000 he did not know what a EBR was either, so I let him sit on it and rev it up, yes he then had a big grin. After we rode for a while I pulled over and turned off my TC and we had a half mile straight away looking at us so I asked him if he would like to see how they do through the gears, needles to say I was looking at him the whole time in my mirror up to 140 in 5th gear with a 43 tooth, I was not able to give it full throttle in 1,2 or 3rd front kept floating up.eeek !
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-14-2017 at 02:23 PM.

I noticed the dash screen has little checks in it? You can't really see them with the dash on but when it's off, and the sun's on it? Anyone else see this?

Still haven't looked for the draw or battery drain yet....

How many have you had ?? LOL

Can you take a pic of the checks you are seeing ??

Last edited by Silverrider; 05-14-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast