I don't do early so for me to get up at 5am to meet the guys and ride the hill on a beat-the-heat schedule means I'm serious.

My 5am alarm has the motorcycle engine tone to keep my bitching down (a little). Slam a cup of coffee and a breakfast bar, squeeze my new covid belly into my old suit, and ennie meenie minie... I'll take the EBR! and super excited to have it on the street today I like my neighbors so I roll down the hill a ways before I start them that early and damn... forgot the key.
(Insert forboding tone)
It's not far, but I'm sweating in my helmet to hustle back up the hill to get it. It's MUCH too early to sweat
Riding the first block I notice that when I converted from track trim, I forgot the mirrors, and 3 blocks later I remember the turn signals too. Oh well, it's only LA traffic. No one uses those things here anyway
I have 30 minutes to make the 45 minute ride to Pasadena and thankfully its light traffic. I'm back to stock gearing so 5th is still fine at a 90mph average (allegedly). Pretty obvious now that Erik had the track in mind when he built it. I'm SUPER excited to ride today, and when I see every one brought their fast bikes too I'm positively giddy! No ADV's no Su-Mo's, all liter-plus sport bikes, a few Porsches to follow, and we are all ready to rip!

Until I see the water drops under my bike. ****ing Hell. This thing get the most mechanical attention by me and the most ribbing from my Panigale riding buddies. Pissed (and embarrassed), I'm heading home, whining in my helmet the whole way.
It's pissing water from the weep hole in the water pump, that is all part of the engine cover I JUST replaced. Ya. That new one.
The water pump sits right behind the rear exhaust pipe.
Which means it needs to be removed.
Which means the engine needs to be removed.
Which means I need to literally split the bike in half.
Again.
I'm having issues with stuff lately, and its ALL been "brand new" stuff? WTF? Hands to the sky.... WHHHHYYYYYYY!