Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

And I went all cray-cray and bought the Italian Girlfriend a nice new upholstered seat. Couldn't stand the rock hard vinyl that was very out of character for such a hoity toity ride

Now it matches my Louis Vuitton underwear

That is one DAMN GOOD LOOKIN seat.

Thats what she said

Thanks WC Even though it's a nicely sewn pre-made cover, the crazy dip in the front at the tank and the 3-d bulge under the sewn logo were a nightmare to re-cover and look right. 3M glue, heat gun, sanded closed cell foam, 1000 Monel staples, many cuss words, and 3 beers....

That's your problem. You listed beer last

I love the triple exh tips
    That is a nice ride.

My intention of doing (and documenting) the EBR valve adjustment is set back again.

I did make room in the shop by finishing this for my buddy. He's so happy and its legitimately FAST with a worked over fuel injected 327 and a TKO-600 5-speed I like them, but I have too much hair on my head to drive a convertible 'Vette.

and the epic burn-out machine (all definitions intended) Hell Camino "Joshephine Dirté" just got uglier.

Damn fool in an Accord decided to turn into a hotel driveway at 35mph from the #2 lane. No look, no signal, and didn't stop until he had me entirely on the sidewalk. Managed to hit EVERY new part I just put on last month. Dick. Glad I wasn't riding though!

So now, the one car that wasn't supposed to be a "project", is now a project He'll pay to fix it, but now I'll need to paint it.
    Whatdoy'allthink 'bout this?

So while the 'never-gonna-be-a-project' project, is in paint jail, I rescued a little yellow toy from languishing in a friends garage. He had it built about 5 years ago, put 80 miles on it and it's so fast it scared him enough to want to sell it

Which is kinda my jam I have built and owned a few Meyers Manx buggies before in off-road trim with everything from a 1600, 1941, and even a 2110 flat 4 VW. This this one is ludicrous.
    Its a "Manxter" on a full length SuperBeetle pan with a Subaru 3.0l boxer puts out about 260hp stock and he had a little work done. It has a 5-speed Mendeola trans, a nice A-arm front suspension conversion, custom IRS, and Fox coil-overs all the way around. They quote 1.04G on the skid pad set up like that, and I plan on getting to at least 1.03G

I'll get it freshened up, fix a few niggly things, and planning on selling it for him, but that should take about exactly as long as it takes a 1970 El Camino to get painted

I really like that gold and I really really like those wheels in that color, but......that gold and the wheel color gold is not going to work. Have the wheels powder coated a satin metallic graphite and you'll be tits!

LF :
    1) It's a '63 but not a Fuelie. It's built as a driver and meant to be, I would put a real '63 Fuelie in a museum Has a FITech throttle body on a '67 327 with AFR heads, flat-top 10:1 pistons, and a Lunati cam, 5 speed transmission, and a '67 rear suspension/brakes. I added power steering, converted to a alternator, and I'm putting in a Vintage A/C kit for him in a few weeks. It's a fun and pretty driver, but will never be the $3.5 million dollar L-88 they're trying to sell at Harrisburg this month!
    2) Some Ca drivers!? If you mean 90% are oblivious, distracted, uneducated, unskilled, and trying to aggressively put a 4 ton 'off-road' truck up your butt when your riding? Ya you're almost right. I'd say more like 95%
    3) It won't be original Gold for exactly that reason, but it's not nice enough to get a dark color and seems like everything else is really common. I'm gonna go for it!
    4) Every car guy should build a Dune Buggy! Impracticality means FUN! No one can frown in a Dune Buggy!

Thanks WC! Those wheels were meant for another project (thats colored White) but I burned off all the tread on the 15" rallys that were on it and needed some to drive around on I have some 17" rallys I'll put on.

Even with the upgraded distributer it still has the cable drive tach, I like it I converted from 32 amp external VR to 90 amp internal VR alternator (not from a generator, that was the C-1), and put it on the left side rams horn manifold where it belongs to accommodated the A/C compressor and bracket on the right side.

I also had to take off the stupid high rise intake someone put on, that the tiny air cleaner smashed into the hood and would pop open when driven hard. Some people need their wrenches taken away.

I'll look for a under hood pic, it's pretty in there! Finally

The coupes are way better looking IMO

Been busy with Work:

Play:

and even added to the family! Now officially a Blastard, the day we got it...

And a few days later Bubbles has a running, clean, and FUN Blast!

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast